thump..thump...is this on? Forum seems dead

Posted by: Ritz2

thump..thump...is this on? Forum seems dead - 09/07/14 12:41 PM

14 posts in the last 30 days from non-Outlaw employees. I haven't seen a new product that's interesting from them in ages. Outlaw folks...what are you up to these days?
Posted by: mdrconsult

Re: thump..thump...is this on? Forum seems dead - 09/07/14 04:32 PM

I agree!!! Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of anything going on here lately. This may just be wishful thinking, but didn't the Outlaw folks say something about new product(s) coming out this year. If that's the case I would think there would be some kind of announcement on that coming soon so they could drum up some early orders.

If I got my wishes it would be nice new processor. Maybe something in the $1500-1800 (give or take a couple hundred) range with high end DACs, good room correction, maybe even HDMI 2.0, and then of course all the key feature one would expect from a processor in this range.

Maybe Santa could bring it for Xmas!
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: thump..thump...is this on? Forum seems dead - 09/07/14 05:13 PM

I wouldn't bet on it.
Posted by: PeterT

Re: thump..thump...is this on? Forum seems dead - 09/08/14 09:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Ritz2
14 posts in the last 30 days from non-Outlaw employees. I haven't seen a new product that's interesting from them in ages. Outlaw folks...what are you up to these days?

Ritz2

You are right of course. We have been very quiet lately. However,we have been working hard on new "things" and we stand by our commitment of offering two new products within the next six to eight weeks.

In addition, due to external happenings, we will soon making an interesting announcement.

Please stay tuned

Peter
Posted by: Owl's_Warder

Re: thump..thump...is this on? Forum seems dead - 09/08/14 12:44 PM

Teaser! We have a teaser post! grin

I miss the days when the Outlaws were able to share all the behind the scenes excitement and stuff, too. Unfortunately, when so many people can't manage their expectations and lose their grip when things shift and change, this is the result. I don't blame the Outlaws one bit for keeping their cards close until things are all but ready to go out the door now, but it does make for an awful lot of crickets with no speculation or anticipatory discussions to take place.
Posted by: EEman

Re: thump..thump...is this on? Forum seems dead - 09/08/14 01:04 PM

If I had to guess we'll see something unveiled in time for the annual Black Friday sale.

Nicely bundled with some other Outlaw product.

At a reasonable price.

Now they've certainly had enough time to develop another Pre-pro. However I would expect, if we see anything,it would be a refinement of existing technology rather than an innovation like Atmos. My opinion.

Has anyone considered returning a "broken" Outlaw product with some sophisticated surveillance gear hidden in it? Just asking…
Posted by: sdurani

Re: thump..thump...is this on? Forum seems dead - 09/08/14 03:44 PM

I'm guessing the "external happenings" mentioned by Peter is the Dolby press release from this morning, which lists Outlaw Audio as one of the "manufacturers who have committed to delivering future Dolby Atmos products".

http://investor.dolby.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=869623

Only problem now is how to pry some details out. Anybody got pics of Peter in a compromising position?
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: thump..thump...is this on? Forum seems dead - 09/08/14 05:43 PM

A new processor is certainly a welcome product. Can't wait for the waterfall of anticipation to set the forum on fire.