Oppo BDP-83 display

Posted by: cogito

Oppo BDP-83 display - 05/06/11 01:52 AM

I see that many others on this forum have or have used the Oppo BDP-83 and was wondering if anyone else has had the same issue that I have. The front panel display goes dark after a couple seconds. I can hit the display button and it comes back up and then goes dark again. This occurs in regular mode not pure audio mode. I've only played cd's recently and haven't checked to see if the OSD is affected by this.
Performance has not been affected. It's more annoying than anything but my concern is that it may be indicative of a more serious problem as the warranty has just ran out. frown
Posted by: Bob Becker

Re: Oppo BDP-83 display - 05/06/11 07:11 AM

Look at pg. 63 in the manual, under dimmer control. If it is set to off it will come on for a chort time when some action happens, then go off again.
Posted by: gonk

Re: Oppo BDP-83 display - 05/06/11 03:07 PM

I agree with Bob - this sounds like the dimmer control setting has been changed.
Posted by: cogito

Re: Oppo BDP-83 display - 05/07/11 01:03 PM

Thanks for the reply. I checked the dimmer setting and that was it. I'm not sure how it happened since I haven't been in the step up menu for some time but all is well now. Thanks again.