Oppo BDP

Posted by: EEman

Oppo BDP - 10/29/18 01:30 PM

I was looking for the user manual for my Oppo and happened across a few ebay listings. Now I'm thinking I should sell it and retire. Prices are through the roof...
Posted by: Stephen B

Re: Oppo BDP - 10/30/18 06:34 AM

This is the first I had seen they would not be developing new products. Was a reason given?

I went to the OPPO site and read their farewell message saying the products would still be supported.
Posted by: Helson

Re: Oppo BDP - 10/30/18 11:35 AM

I saw their farewell message back when it first came out. Didn't hear of a reason.
Posted by: EEman

Re: Oppo BDP - 10/31/18 08:12 AM

Originally Posted By Helson
I saw their farewell message back when it first came out. Didn't hear of a reason.

You just have to check their website to see the reason: More money selling cell phones than Blu-ray players.

The cell phone suppliers are buying components at a pace that is not leaving much for anyone else. Automotive use to push the electronic suppliers around at will. Now we're in line behind the cell phone providers. Little places like Outlaw are way down on the priority list which is the reason (I'm guessing) that you can't get a 7140 anymore.
Posted by: butchgo

Re: Oppo BDP - 11/04/18 10:54 AM

I believe that they realized that the Blu-ray development has gone a far as it is going to go.
They designed the 2 best 4K players around so now what?
Time to say goodbye --- (mic drop).