One Channel or Two?

Posted by: crayneriii

One Channel or Two? - 03/15/10 05:23 AM

I finally ordered an ECS-10 and an RR2150 to add to a pair of Sonus Faber - Concertinos. Can't wait to set up my new 2-channel system. Should I run just the one channel of low end from the RR2150 into the ECS-10 or should I add a Y-connecter at the sub to send the signal into both channels?
Thanks,
Posted by: gonk

Re: One Channel or Two? - 03/15/10 06:51 AM

Either should work fine. I've generally run a single cable into the sub. Either way, you will end up at the same place when you calibrate the sub with the rest of your system.
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: One Channel or Two? - 03/15/10 08:32 AM

While you are at it get a 90 degree elbow for the cable to connect to the sub. It makes it a lot less stressful on the connection.
Posted by: crayneriii

Re: One Channel or Two? - 03/22/10 10:03 AM

OK, great idea. 90 degree adapter on order.
Order placed and equipment received in 5 days. Hooked up only one LF channel on the sub from RR2150, set at 100hz. Seems to work OK. I haven't had this much fun with my stereo in years. I'm actually sitting down and just listening to whole albums! The RR2150 sounds wonderful and the bottom end added by the ECS-10 is effortless in my 12x14x10 room. If it has any weakness at all, it does "look" a little small. That's probably a plus for some, but it gets a solid recommendation from me. Now I'm morally obligated to improve my CD player. I'm thinking about a Marantz SA8003. Turntable is next!
Oh Happy Day!
Posted by: gonk

Re: One Channel or Two? - 03/22/10 10:50 AM

Sounds like fun!