Any news on deliveries

Posted by: Mike in Virginia

Any news on deliveries - 01/04/08 02:54 PM

So it's the New Year already. Any good words about when deliveries from the queue are likely to begin?

Re: Any news on deliveries - 01/22/08 03:39 PM

I'll answer my own question. Just got the email that the speaker was shipped; Fedex says it was picked up in Massachusetts this morning and will be delivered on Thursday. Great news.
Posted by: gonk

Re: Any news on deliveries - 01/22/08 05:27 PM

Excellent! Let us know how it sounds.
Posted by: stuntgibbon

Re: Any news on deliveries - 01/22/08 09:33 PM

I've been keeping an eye on these speakers as well as some others. They seem like a good value, but I've been on the fence with not hearing them first. I wish I could find someone in southern California with them installed so I could give them a try first. I know about the return policy, but that sounds like a pain to pack them back up if i don't like them.
Posted by: bestbang4thebuck

Re: Any news on deliveries - 01/23/08 02:54 PM

With three boundary compensation choices, three high frequency attenuation choices and two crossover concepts in one loudspeaker, I think people will find the Outlaw LCR speaker to be a great plus.

Click: About the Dual Crossover

Also check out pages 7 and 8 of the Outlaw LCR Loudspeaker Manual .
Posted by: RCF051

Re: Any news on deliveries - 01/25/08 02:52 PM

Mike -- See Scott's posting in the Promotions forum. Sounds like the LCR's should ship soon.
Posted by: Scott

Re: Any news on deliveries - 01/25/08 03:26 PM

Hello All,

Just an FYI, we started shipping the reservation orders a few days ago!

Best,

Scott

Re: Any news on deliveries - 01/27/08 01:21 AM

Got my LCR in black on Thursday. Hooked it up in about 5 minutes (double boxed, perfect condition when delivered by Fedex ground). I recalibrated the speaker delays using the 990's autosetup (which I have needed to do for a while after I moved the sub). It's replacing a substantially inferior cheap center and I immediately noticed a difference in the quality of voices. We like listening to BBC America and a previous slight muddiness for vocals disappeared entirely. Even exaggerated Northern English accents were entirely comprehensible. There is a definite improvement in the crispness (there's probably a technical term for it) of the center channel in 5-channel DVD-based music (I use the Animusic (http://www.animusic.com/#) DVDs as my test discs as they provide very distinct channel images). In one DVD Audio classical disk (a Beethoven symphony) I didn't hear any problems with different timbres in the fronts and the new center. I haven't yet watched a good DVD movie with a full range of moving sound effects and vocals (to check transitions across the center), but I expect to notice the improvement there too (expectations often colors the reality, but such is life).

Overall all, I'm entirely satisfied. Nice job, Outlaws.
Posted by: tonygeno

Re: Any news on deliveries - 02/03/08 05:50 PM

Mike any more comments?
Posted by: Retep

Re: Any news on deliveries - 03/17/08 05:12 PM

Any more personal reviews of these speakers? Any comparisons?
Posted by: gonk

Re: Any news on deliveries - 03/17/08 06:22 PM

I've got a co-worker with a trio of them across the front soundstage (Oy of Mid-World here in the saloon), but I haven't had a chance to go hear them yet.
Posted by: Retep

Re: Any news on deliveries - 03/17/08 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gonk:
I've got a co-worker with a trio of them across the front soundstage (Oy of Mid-World here in the saloon), but I haven't had a chance to go hear them yet.
I've only seen one review from Sound on Sound and it was quite good, but would love to get user reviews and hopefully some more professional reviews.

Lately I've come down with the home theate bug and contemplating changing some of my gear. Would like to see outlaw match those speakers with a dipole.