True Weight and Specs

Posted by: silversport

True Weight and Specs - 11/24/08 01:11 PM

What is the true weight and port design of this Sub???...above is from the manual but the website shows the sub weighing 38lbs and 1 port...does this sub compare somewhat (although down ported and slightly more powerful) with the Hsu STF-2???

Driver Type Down Firing, 10" Long-throw Woofer Ports Dual Amplifier Power Rating 225WRMS; 1300W peak Frequency Response 25Hz -180Hz ± 2 dB Crossover Type Linkwitz-Reilly 4th Order Low Pass Network Crossover Frequency 40Hz to 180Hz and Bypass Phase 0 to 180 Degrees SPL 112dB (subject to placement and room gain) Dimensions (HxWxD) 16.75” x 13.0” x 19.0” Weight 55 lbs

Bill
Posted by: gonk

Re: True Weight and Specs - 11/24/08 03:53 PM

Outlaw can answer better than I can, but I can make some guesses...

The weight listed on the site for the LFM-1 Compact matches the weight listed in the manual for the LFM-2, which makes me suspect that the site may have some data on the Compact page that got carried over from the LFM-2. My suspicion is that the manual has the correct weight. That also matches well with the weight difference between the LFM-2 (38 pounds) and my original LFM-1 (70 pounds), as it puts the LFM-1 Compact right in between the two.

As for the ports, check out this page .

Re: True Weight and Specs - 11/24/08 05:52 PM

exactly what my thoughts were...I may be ordering one of these...thanks for the help gonk!
Bill

Re: True Weight and Specs - 11/24/08 05:54 PM

...when the Black Friday comes...
Bill

Re: True Weight and Specs - 11/24/08 06:07 PM

It looks like Black Friday may be upon us, at least in spirit - the front page of the site now links to the specials page if you click on the Music Hall turntable picture...

Re: True Weight and Specs - 11/24/08 06:11 PM

...and that price is nice...
Bill
Posted by: unavol

Re: True Weight and Specs - 11/30/08 08:21 PM

I've been shopping around for a good deal on a new sub and the Black Friday deal on the LFM-1 Compact fit the bill. I couldn't pass it up.

I never thought I'd say this, but I am looking forward to becoming one of the Outlaws! :-)

Re: True Weight and Specs - 11/30/08 10:23 PM

The Compact should be a nice purchase. Welcome to the saloon!
Posted by: unavol

Re: True Weight and Specs - 12/05/08 04:53 AM

Thanks. It's supposed to be here tomorrow. I'm looking forward to hearing it.