My topless LFM-1 Compact

Posted by: hpot

My topless LFM-1 Compact - 07/17/11 07:17 PM

Hey folks,

I was truly excited in ordering my first outlaw product and got in on last month's special. I opened the box yesterday and the whole top part of the sub is light brown...no plexiglass! Does anybody know if they can just ship this to me? I carried this thing up 3 flights of stairs!!
Posted by: AvFan

Re: My topless LFM-1 Compact - 07/17/11 08:42 PM

I believe the brown paper on the top is there to protect the black plastic underneath . At least that was how my LFM-2 was shipped.
Posted by: gonk

Re: My topless LFM-1 Compact - 07/17/11 08:46 PM

AvFan is correct - the brown paper peels off to reveal the plexiglass. It's the protective cover that was applied to the plexiglass at the factory, left on so it didn't get scratched during assembly or packaging.
Posted by: hpot

Re: My topless LFM-1 Compact - 07/18/11 05:18 AM

Thanks for the responses folks. Initially, I tried to see if there was an edge for something to peel off...but it just wasn't clear. I will have to look again though. This sounds much more like...just need to be more aggressive with it!
Posted by: 73Bruin

Re: My topless LFM-1 Compact - 07/18/11 12:20 PM

I actually left mine on, as I am using the top of the sub as a mini-shelf as there is a table top above it. If I ever relocate it to an area where it will be exposed then I can take the top off and have the plexiglass be like new.