My Maggie 1.7 pics!

Posted by: dawsonblah

My Maggie 1.7 pics! - 04/17/10 10:33 AM

The 1.7s are now mine! Muhahaha
Just got back from a 10 hour roadtrip to pick them up, still tweaking the final position, but they sound utterly fantastic! I'm powering them with the 7500 fed by a 990. The 7500 puts out oodles of clean power for them; even when running 5 full range Maggies it gets just slightly warm. It's a beast!

Front of the "Chamber"

Rear of the "Chamber"
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: My Maggie 1.7 pics! - 04/17/10 03:57 PM

I finally got my 1.6s set up with my 7500 in a 2 channel system in my NC home. Don't let anyone tell you the maggies don't go low enough for music. Those babies rocked the house. It took a while for me to get them placed in the best position, but once there... Voila!!! They are really detailed and they image so well its almost like being there. I listened to albums I hadn't heard in years and was so impressed all over again. Listening to CDs was another wakeup call. One of my favorites is "Without a net" by the Grateful Dead. What incredible instrument placement. I had never heard it like with the Maggies. Can't wait to get back up there.
Posted by: Jimna

Re: My Maggie 1.7 pics! - 04/19/10 04:22 PM

glad to hear it. i really like Maggies too.

lets see some photos!
Posted by: Ritz2

Re: My Maggie 1.7 pics! - 04/29/10 10:52 PM

How do you like them? I loved my 1.6's, but I had to get rid of them when I moved my audio gear to a much smaller room. When I move back into a larger home, I'll likely go back to Maggies. The sound it pretty addictive (if you've got the space).

Best,