Picture of "finished" setup

Posted by: AvFan

Picture of "finished" setup - 12/09/07 11:49 PM

We are never finished are we? For the last few months I've been putting on the final touches on my family room. A tiled fireplace and a cherry mantle/shelf were added in prep for a new plasma and DVD player. We won't talk about adding two heavy Monoprice HDMI cables into an already crowded wall. Check my signature for details on the equipment.

What could be next? Well, I'm going to be like the Swiss and not choose a side in the HD-DVD/BlueRay format war in hopes of OPPO making a universal HD player. My thanks to Gonk for his terrific review on the Oppo DV-980H; it definitely swayed me to purchase what turns out to be an excellent upconverting DVD player. My library of standard def DVDs never looked so good!

Anyway, thought I'd share a photo.

Posted by: gonk

Re: Picture of "finished" setup - 12/10/07 03:17 AM

That is a great looking setup, AvFan! Is that the Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds DVD?
Posted by: tmdlp

Re: Picture of "finished" setup - 12/10/07 05:07 AM

Avfan,
Nice clean setup.
Very nice.....

Re: Picture of "finished" setup - 12/10/07 06:51 AM

Thanks for the comments. I've really enjoyed planning this setup and I got to do some woodworking (my other vice) too! I must admit I'm a stickler regarding cables/wire. All my wall connections are quick connects so I can move the equipment cabinet easily for cleaning or making setup changes; the 990 has exceptionally flexible inputs. I have available to the plasma: 2 HDMI, RG6 w/ F connectors for cable TV, component, composite and S video. The two gang box is a separate 20 amp circuit for the A/V gear.

Gonk, close; its DMB at Central Park. I have the Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds at Radio City and it is fantastic. Looks great from the Oppo 980 too!

Re: Picture of "finished" setup - 12/10/07 06:58 AM

Almost forgot; I've got a 15 pin computer cable to the plasma too. Not used it very often, but I added it just in case. All the speaker connections are made with banana plugs.
Posted by: Hullguy

Re: Picture of "finished" setup - 12/10/07 02:00 PM

Nice Clean install. Jim
Posted by: Lizard King

Re: Picture of "finished" setup - 12/25/07 04:06 PM

Looks good for HT only. You can't get good music/imaging with the type of setup.