Red's New Setting

Posted by: RedSIinPA

Red's New Setting - 08/13/07 03:17 AM

I've been in the new crib for about 3 weeks now. Things are starting to come together. Took these pics tonight, now the the 1070 is back in business. The plasma looks tiny in this room smile Had I to do it over, I might have gone with the 60, but I didn't want to overpower my living room.

here's red's ghetto'fied gaming rig...I decided to opt for the RBH CT5's as the fronts, as opposed to more Bose cubes. I still have to wire this up for sound but now that the 1070 is home, I have the Yamaha on game duty. I feel bad using what I consider to be a great receiver for this purpose. I could've easily used an inexpensive Panny digital receiver. But I didn't know all this would happen when I bought it. The TV pretty much rules the room - it's a beast. I should've taken the Aquos but it ended up in the master bedroom. Even tho she hates to admit it, I know wife likes purty electronics, and the Aquos is pretty purty.

oh, and here's Chuck the dog, earning his keep as usual...

Posted by: tru blu

Re: Red's New Setting - 08/13/07 12:50 PM

...looking pret-ty smashing, Red. So, what kind of car do you drive? laugh

Re: Red's New Setting - 08/13/07 01:03 PM

Thanks TruBlu. I love it.

I have eternal love for Honda VTEC motors...this is my 3rd. When I came out of college, I had a 98 Prelude. Two cars later it was an '04 S2000. (Fun, and brutally inpractical.) Finally, after reshuffling my priorities, here I am, with a red (yes, Red) '06 Civic Si. Not many mods. Fujita intake and Comptech short shift kit. I don't like buzzy cars laugh
Posted by: garcianc2003

Re: Red's New Setting - 08/13/07 01:45 PM

I know how Chuck feels. Our dog Lucky is always there to "take the charge" if any intruder breaks into our house. He is a ferocious trip hazard.
Posted by: gonk

Re: Red's New Setting - 08/13/07 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by garcianc2003:
I know how Chuck feels. Our dog Lucky is always there to "take the charge" if any intruder breaks into our house. He is a ferocious trip hazard.
Right up there with our Maine Coon kitten, Bear (like Hagrid, the cat who preceded him): not so much a trip hazard, but anyone breaking in will at least not be lonely as he follows them around. Hey, he might even help save some things - if it has a dangling string or might be food, he'll be all over it.

Now if they run into Cyrus , it might be a different matter - trip hazard, for sure, and possible hernias for anyone trying to move him (anyone who has seen an LFM-1 will understand what I mean from that link - he's not a small cat smile ).

Re: Red's New Setting - 08/13/07 02:25 PM

Chuck is one of three terriers. The best hope I have is that the volume of barking as the criminal approaches the house, will simply ANNOY them to the next house. smile Good dogs though.

Gonk - that cat is larger than all three of my terriers. (Two westies and a cairn.)