why is my PS3 volume output not defaulted at max when playing Blu-Ray?

Posted by: gooomz

why is my PS3 volume output not defaulted at max when playing Blu-Ray? - 05/15/07 09:28 PM

the default volume output on the PS3 is not maxed when playing Blu-Ray discs. should i set it to max volume output, or is that bad for audio quality, because if it is not bad, then how come it is not defaulted to max output so my 970 would be the one limiting the volume?

same as below:

should i change the default recording volume setting on my 8300hd DVR box from 97 to 100? does it have any effect on audio quality either way, and if not, then how come the refault recording volume setting is at 97 and not 100?
Posted by: gonk

Re: why is my PS3 volume output not defaulted at max when playing Blu-Ray? - 05/15/07 09:45 PM

Typically, the best approach to take is to set the volume on a source device to maximum because it should remove the device's internal volume control from the signal path.
Posted by: gooomz

Re: why is my PS3 volume output not defaulted at max when playing Blu-Ray? - 05/16/07 12:45 AM

that's what i was thinking. i just though it was strange that the volume output was not at max by default. same with my dvr recording volume. thanks gonk.