26" lcd's

Posted by: Grinneth42

26" lcd's - 04/16/07 04:19 PM

Ok... I may be subverting the forum ideal a little (I really haven't searched for this topic... but I'm in a buying frenzy...) I'm looking for a good lcd tv in the 26" (widescreen) range... anyone have good things to say about hitachi? or bad things? I might be willing to go as small as 19" or as large as 32"... but I think 26 is optimal for my space...
Posted by: gonk

Re: 26" lcd's - 04/16/07 05:37 PM

I'll support your subversion by saying that I'd be curious to hear folks' experiences with LCD HDTV's in this size range as well, as I've considered looking into a 26" LCD HDTV for the bedroom this December.
Posted by: Hullguy

Re: 26" lcd's - 04/17/07 11:17 AM

My wife and I were recently at Best Buy, looking to buy a computer for her. We didn't buy the computer but we did see a Samsung 32" LCD TV. The picture seemed as good as anyone elses on display. We ended up buying it's big brother, a 42" one. It has a good HD picture. Jim
Posted by: RedSIinPA

Re: 26" lcd's - 04/17/07 03:40 PM

My parents bought my sister, in Dec 06, a 26" HD LCD made by Sanyo. I scoffed at the brand but was put in my place by the extensive list of positive reviews on Amazon. She's by no means a HT fanatic, but she's happy and the reviews like I said were pretty strong.

I'd probably still be inclined to get a better name though.
Posted by: Petey B

Re: 26" lcd's - 04/18/07 02:03 AM

I own 2 in that size range.
A 27" Westinghouse in the Bedroom and a 26" Sony XBR1 in my new kitchen.

The Westinghouse looks great with HD sources.
The Sony is pretty much incredible with everything.
Posted by: Grinneth42

Re: 26" lcd's - 04/18/07 05:19 PM

Petey-
Interested in selling your XBR?? Just kidding... I like the sony line, but I don't think they are making them this small anymore... sigh... ah, well. Anyone else? I'm going to try to make this thread continue until I buy... and then I'll probably give you a stellar collaborative review on whatever I find!

Re: 26" lcd's - 04/19/07 01:30 AM

Sure they do!
I bought my XBR1 just 2 months ago.
I went with the XBR1 for its built in cablecard.
Love it!!!
I got it for an unbelievable low price ($797) at Frys.com.

It may be discontinued...but there are still some floating around at there at good prices.
Do a google search.

FYI...there are other Sony 26" models out there
as well.

Good luck!

Re: 26" lcd's - 04/19/07 01:32 AM

PS> I'm not selling it!
;-)