Speakers suggestions

Posted by: T-force

Speakers suggestions - 08/04/05 04:04 PM

I need to get some speakers for a spare bedroom (average size) that we use as an exercise room that has a TV and DVD player. I am debating wether or not to move the Boston Acoustic speakers from my HT to this room and get new speakers for my HT or to just buy something for the spare room. My HT right now is as follows.

Boston Acoustic SubStat 6 II front
Boston Acoustic Center Channel
Boston Acoustic C6 bookshelf speakers rear
Outlaw LFM-1 sub
Definitive Technologies BP 10B towers (rear surround used mostly for music)
Dennon 2803 Receiver
Pannesonic 53" HDTV
Sony DVD player
Kennwood 5 disc CD changer
JVC stereo VCR

Any suggestions?
Posted by: curegeorg

Re: Speakers suggestions - 08/05/05 03:40 PM

asking what kind of speakers to buy is like asking everyone what their favorite color or food is. everyone is going to say something different.
Posted by: painttoad

Re: Speakers suggestions - 08/05/05 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by curegeorg:
asking what kind of speakers to buy is like asking everyone what their favorite color or food is. everyone is going to say something different.
probably why he's asking!
i'm partial to b&w, i like monitor audio too.you can get all the suggestions you want,but in the end you need to demo,demo,demo
Posted by: Keta

Re: Speakers suggestions - 08/05/05 08:26 PM

painttoad is right...demo, demo, demo but try and demo something from NHT's line. SB1 or SB2 would work great in a bedroom.
Posted by: JT Clark

Re: Speakers suggestions - 08/05/05 11:24 PM

Yes, let's shut down the entire forum because there is no point to it. Everything is a bunch of worthless opinions because everybody's is different.

Re: Speakers suggestions - 08/05/05 11:36 PM

come on, jt ...i've conformed...i'm the same.

and you forgot your speaker preference! laugh

Re: Speakers suggestions - 08/05/05 11:48 PM

and to get to the real answer to your question.if you can move speakers to a new zone,justify it,then yes,by all means,move the bostons to the weight room,and buy all new!