My Toys - In the correct forum....

Posted by: CrazyEd

My Toys - In the correct forum.... - 06/18/05 12:49 AM

Hello To All
Got myself on the 990 waiting list and figured what the hey, why not join in! So here goes.
Processor (today) Denon 4800 (bye bye)
Power Amps 7 X IRD MB100's
CD Player Pioneer PD-F1009
DVD Player Pioneer DVD-3910
Laser Disc Player Pioneer CLD-D504
VCR Toshiba M-764
TurnTable Lafayette Direct Drive
Main Speakers - System Audio SA1750's
Center Speaker - System Audio SA720
Surround Speakers - Altec Lansing 804's
Rears - System Audio SA1710's
Sony 34" Monitor

Interconnects mostly Monster (but that may change...) as I'm going to order a pair of the Outlaws once my turn on the list wanders around.
Speaker Cable is all Monster 12 AWG.
"Tomorrows" upgrades will be a Plasma Monitor and HD Dish Reciever.
Just for "Fun" once I Cranked up the Volume so my neighbors could hear it. They knew it was Top Gun and they're 1/4 mile away ;-)!!
Ed
Is it my turn for a 990 yet????????? ;-)
Posted by: E'pin Sen Ob

Re: My Toys - In the correct forum.... - 06/18/05 09:44 AM

CrazyEd, everything reads pretty good but probably looks better . We love pictures here on the ranch . Think you could post a link to some of your system .

Re: My Toys - In the correct forum.... - 06/18/05 09:52 AM

Love the story about Top Gun . I did something similar last Halloween only I decided to share Empire Strikes Back . I guess the best part was watching the people sitting at the stop light a block and a half away try to figure out why they kept hearing wookies . LOL CrazyEd .

Re: My Toys - In the correct forum.... - 06/18/05 07:30 PM

Hi There E'pin

As to looking better than it sounds, I wish ;-)
The A/V Equipment is in a 3' Tall "Danish" Style Cabinet (the kind assembled with interlocking "Nuts") purchased ~20 or so years ago. The Monitor has it's own "Custom Cabinet" made from a gutted Pioneer 45" Rear Projection TV.
Your setup looks impressive! But I don't know if I could last long in there..... My front room has 20' of "Picture Windows" that overlook a Valley. So the first thing that blocks my view is a Mountain Range ~40 miles away.
For me to have folks at a Stop Light hear what I'm listening to would require a System that could be heard 37 miles away!! My guess is a System like that might be over kill in my Room ;-).
As to Picts, I'll check with SWMBO and see if she can add a page to her Web Site for it.

CrazyEd
Posted by: painttoad

Re: My Toys - In the correct forum.... - 06/18/05 11:28 PM

must have pics!sounds BAD !let's see!!!

Re: My Toys - In the correct forum.... - 06/19/05 03:34 PM

It must be hard dealing with that mountain range view . I wish I had those problems . I am moving soon to the country so to speak . I guess we'll have more room for the horses to roam around and such that way .

I still would love too see some photos of your system . Oh, and throw in a couple pics of that mountain range if you could . Listen to me I sound like I am ordering at the drive through window . At any rate I'll be watching for that link . Thanks CrazyEd .

Re: My Toys - In the correct forum.... - 06/19/05 09:07 PM

E'pin

Here's a link to a view out our Front (East) windows:

http://www.vtc.net/~mrsed/dueeast.jpg

Now would you like Fries with that ;-).
If you want to see more of what it looks like around here remove dueeast.jpg. You'll be at SWMBO's Web Page. Still working on getting System Shots.

CrazyEd

Re: My Toys - In the correct forum.... - 06/19/05 10:34 PM

curly fries,please.

that's killer!

i need a place like that,'couple saturdays ago,had some lovely neighbor call the cops on me,at 2 in the afternoon!some people just can't appreciate the remastered bass line of 'priest-live' dvd.(it was loud!!!)

Re: My Toys - In the correct forum.... - 06/20/05 10:09 PM

Painttoad

I used to live in the "Suburbs" (you know - look out the Kitchen Window and see the neighbor's Kitchen Window), but you just might want to keep remastered Prist where you are....... Where I am no one will call the Cops - they'll cure the Problem themselves ;-)!

Epin

Pic's are gettin' there - hang on (You might want to hurry SWMBO, but I've never been that drunk!

CrazyEd

Re: My Toys - In the correct forum.... - 06/20/05 10:47 PM

Ok here's a link to System Pic's:

http://www.vtc.net/~crazyed/Ed\'s%20Toys.html

E'pin got you covered !
Painttoad wish you made House Calls ! Think we could have Fun wth Pic. # 5 !!!!!

CrazyEd

Re: My Toys - In the correct forum.... - 06/21/05 02:45 PM

nice system.

i LOVE old elco's,looks like it has had a nice dry life in the desert!i'm not used to seeing a solid '68 anything!

and yeah,if i remember right,there's room in that cubbyhole for a couple poundin' subs laugh

Re: My Toys - In the correct forum.... - 06/21/05 05:39 PM

Painttoad

I'm not a big fan of "Booming Bass". Prefer honest reproduction (Different Strokes!).
You remember correctly - Called "The Smugglers Box" and runs the entire width of the Bed and ~2' Deep.
Left off the Equipment list is a Velodyne SA7 Subwoffer. Level set to reproduce not dominate Audio ;-)

CrazyEd

Re: My Toys - In the correct forum.... - 06/21/05 05:55 PM

you are right,different strokes...i don't really dig the boomy bass myself,but i do know from experience that every sub system i've had in my truck has been POUNDING,but...it's not really loud or totally defined till you get about 10-15 ft away.stranger yet is it gets louder in the truck if you roll down the windows,even louder(inside) if you open the doors(altough not while driving smile )
any way just don't get the wrong idea, i really can't stand over-bearing bass,i want a seamless blend.and i've achieved that basement and truck.

and i know a guy that installed 4-10's in that chamber,i couldn't beleive it,but he did.and it was WAY too much.

thanx 4 the pics.

Re: My Toys - In the correct forum.... - 06/22/05 12:17 PM

Just checked in Crazy and saw the pics. Love those amps . That has got to deliver solid sound . Are you running 6.1 or were the rears just that close together ?

I did notice what looked like a laser disc dust jacket lying on the floor in one of the pics . Do you have a collection of LD's ? I have a small collection myself . Love the sound on those damn things . Pro Logic never sounds better than when played off an LD .

Thanks for taking the time to post them CrazyEd .

Re: My Toys - In the correct forum.... - 06/22/05 02:52 PM

Painttoad

I'd guess the additional Bass when rolling down the windows is equal to opening the reflex port on a Speaker resulting in more air movement.

E'pin
The System is 7:1, but given the construction of the house what you see is about as good as it's going to get.......
Yep, it's a LD Jacket (Graceland). I have ~70 LD's (hidden behind the top of the 4800 in picture 1). Love the Picture quality and the Sound. The LD's are what got me started into the world of Surrond Audio.
I also have several hundred LP's which until SACD and HDCD always sounded better than any CD.

CrazyEd