New Theatre toys

Posted by: SpOoNmAn

New Theatre toys - 08/16/04 04:54 PM

I'll make this simple and just list them. I'll post a link to an album of pics when it's finished. Waiting on sub and need to mount screen.

Photo Album..

http://community.webshots.com/user/spoonmandts

If the link does Not work, do a search for "spoonmandts" in the members directory.

*All speakers set to Large*
Mains: Def Tech BP7002's
Center: Def Tech CLR 2500
Surrounds: Def Tech BP7006's
LFE sub: Def Tech SuperCube 1
Pioneer DV-275S DVD Player
Rotel RCD-1072 CD Player
Parasound HALO A-52 Five channel ampifier
Outlaw 950
Infocus 4805 DLP projector
Da-Lite PermWall High Contrast Grey 77" screen
Cables: Cobalt Cables thru out
Microsoft Xbox (3)
Brick Wall Model PW2RAUD (1)
Brick Wall Model PW2R15 (4)
Brick Wall Model PW8R15AUD (1)
Dedicated 15A circuits (x3)
Salamander Archetype Rack (5 shelf)

------------------
Play it LoUd!!

[This message has been edited by SpOoNmAn (edited August 20, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by SpOoNmAn (edited August 20, 2004).]
Posted by: curegeorg

Re: New Theatre toys - 08/23/04 07:13 PM

im just posting to get some posts in here... curious decision to include a picture of some boxes, but not all of the boxes...

------------------
This post has been brought to you by curegeorg, thanks for reading.

Re: New Theatre toys - 08/24/04 11:31 PM

the box shot is of 2 pairs of 7006's and a clr2300 center channel. 2 days later, I got the bigger center, sold one of the pairs of mains to my friend, and got the 7002's, lol.

I dont know why I added that one in there. My entire basement is full of boxes, and its still under construction. New toys show up daily, its driving me insane(in a good way)

I wasnt expecting a single soul to reply in here, a surprise at every turn

------------------
Play it LoUd!!

Posted by: Cadboy

Re: New Theatre toys - 08/25/04 09:11 AM

Hey SpoonMan,

We are neighbors! I am in Bedford...ten minutes or so from Independence. Some friends of ours are moving from Bedford to Independence to take advantage of the great city services and top notch school system there. (Small world!)

Re: New Theatre toys - 08/25/04 04:08 PM

Cadboy, small world indeed! I actually just sold the house in Independence, but Im 5 minutes away in Broadview heights. I lived in Independence all my life, excellent city!

We should get together some time. Keep in touch!

-Aaron-

------------------
Play it LoUd!!

Re: New Theatre toys - 08/25/04 04:32 PM

For sure! I notice you work in retail. I do retail part time at a Home Depot....you?

Re: New Theatre toys - 08/25/04 07:05 PM

Oh my, I apologize for that. I havent touched my profile in years. I worked for Sears for 2 years, close to 3. I quit when my mom was diagnosed and had very little time left to live. For the past 1.5 years, Ive been busy doing landscaping for neighbors in Independence, and selling on ebay, and taking care of the house she lived in, fixing it up so I could sell it.

Im getting my ISF certification in October and thats what I plan to do for a while.

------------------
Play it LoUd!!

[This message has been edited by SpOoNmAn (edited August 25, 2004).]

Re: New Theatre toys - 08/26/04 09:43 AM

Sorry to hear about your Mom.

Is "ISF" the "Imaging Science Foundation" pertaining to video technology? Or is it for softball Umpiring?!

Re: New Theatre toys - 08/26/04 10:40 AM

The first one

------------------
Play it LoUd!!

Posted by: arica9

Re: New Theatre toys - 08/27/04 05:13 PM

Spoonman,
my experience with my def techs is that when I set them to large they cut out all signal to the LFE from my 950. Am I missing something here?
By the way, as a very happy def tech owner, as I know you are, those new towers will be spectacular. I haven't the architecture for towers and run all 2300's across the front. My god what a set up you are designing. I might be able to hear it in CT
enjoy,
David
Posted by: gonk

Re: New Theatre toys - 08/27/04 05:47 PM

Quote:
when I set them to large they cut out all signal to the LFE from my 950

What material are you listening to when you note the lack of LFE? Unless it is a Dolby Digital 5.1 or DTS track (with a dedicated LFE track going to the sub), there won't be any information going to the sub in a system with the speakers all set to large - stereo (analog or PCM digital) and Dolby 2.0 material will only have a signal going to the sub if the speakers are set to small so that some crossed over material is fed from them to the sub.

------------------
gonk -- 950 Review | LFM-1 Review | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | Saloon Links
Posted by: JT Clark

Re: New Theatre toys - 08/27/04 09:52 PM

Which DefTechs are they? A lot of their higher level speakers can have a built in LFE. That's for the mains, centers and surrounds.

Re: New Theatre toys - 08/27/04 11:34 PM

what Gonk said...

you won't have any bass going to the sub unless you have them set to small.

The centers (atleast the CLR2300 and 2500's) do Not have the optional LFE in, the CLR3000 might. All the powered towers have that feature though, so that way, if you cant get a dedicated LFE sub, you can run your towers on Large, and at the same time run the LFE via splitters to your Mains.

Your 2300's are potent, no doubt about it. But depending on your sub and model, you might be better off setting your front 3 to small, and put the crossover at 40 or 60Hz in the 950, and let the main sub take the low stuff. Youll get a lot more oomph, no doubt about it. Your entire soundstage should clear up, I say shoul because it largely depends on your sub placement and acoustics in your room.

------------------
Play it LoUd!!