Something Is Dead

Posted by: EEman

Something Is Dead - 10/21/18 09:51 AM

So my 975/7075 combo stopped working this weekend. None of the inputs work. The speaker level calibration test signals do not work, including to the sub which doesn't go through the 7075. Occasionally when I switch inputs I hear a slight pop coming from the speaker. My amp also has a buzzing sound which I don't remember having before.

As I looked around the system I noticed that a pair of my speaker wires were no longer connected to the speaker. They weren't shorted out but I can't guarantee that they didn't short out when they mysteriously disconnected themselves from my speaker.

My question is would this cause the amp to blow? Or is it possible the 975 is dead and the speaker wires are just a coincidence? Any ideas of how to test easily?

I have an idea that I will be contacting Outlaw shortly to send one of the units back frown
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: Something Is Dead - 10/21/18 03:21 PM

I you hear a pop the amp is probably alive. Try a full reset on the 975 and if that doesn't work call Outlaw for advice. Does the 975 power on normally?
Posted by: EEman

Re: Something Is Dead - 10/22/18 12:44 PM

Good call. I hooked the Oppo directly to my amp (L, C & R) and got sound so it's pointing at the 975.

The OSD and all the digital stuff appears to work. The factory reset did not fix the issue. The 12 volt out is turning the amp on so I'm thinking it's the analog output power supply that died.

I'll play a little more tonight and figure out what to do from there.