What is your 7900 plugged into?

Posted by: mgdurand

What is your 7900 plugged into? - 07/10/16 07:54 PM

Had 2 separate lines run so I could use the 7900. I wanted some sort of protection for the unit so I have it plugged into two Panamax M5300-PM units. Any thoughts?
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: What is your 7900 plugged into? - 07/11/16 09:36 AM

Although the 7900 has an excellent power supply and is able to protect itself in extreme conditions the idea of protecting it further by using some sort of protection from lightning strikes nearby is a sound one. I have all my equipment powered by APC H-15 and every time they function in a storm I remember why I got them. The Panamax units you have appear to be big enough to power the 7900 at maximum output conditions which I would think would challenge your hearing before challenging the amp.
Posted by: mgdurand

Re: What is your 7900 plugged into? - 07/15/16 02:13 AM

"What?" No, thanks for the response. I have always felt better with some measure of protection for my equipment. Given the two power plugs I wanted to be sure that I was not simply providing cosmetic assurance and that the units I have were actually providing protection to the amp. I have my pre-pro plugged into a Monster unit as is the TV. Live in the "deep South" and in the summer time the lightening storms are quite prevalent. Thanks for the reply!