I'll start

Posted by: thosj

I'll start - 06/09/06 11:29 PM

I'll start seeing as I ordered an LFM-1 Plus in the HE Show Combo Special. Are these available yet? When do we anticipate shipping?

Looking forward to being one of the first!
Posted by: gonk

Re: I'll start - 06/10/06 09:08 AM

They're on the order page with no note about pre-order or reservation, so I think they're ready to ship.
Posted by: DNicely1

Re: I'll start - 06/11/06 10:28 AM

I am very happy with my LFM-1 but, this is very intriguing. I wonder how much different it really sounds. I like the port plugging idea and the sound of 18hz..damn addiction.
Posted by: FAUguy

Re: I'll start - 06/11/06 10:05 PM

Now that the new Combos are up, I'm going to be ordering the 990/7125/LFM-1Plus this week.
I'd rather go with the 990/7700/LFM-1Plus but it is $1K more.
Posted by: Doug917

Re: I'll start - 06/13/06 12:38 PM

Interesting! I wonder if the configuration of ports is the same. If so, can the port plug be used in an older LFM-1 and also achieve the 18Hz response?

Re: I'll start - 06/13/06 03:02 PM

It should have some impact, but I'm not sure what the switch on the LFM-1 Plus's amp is doing - there's something being done to the signal (EQ? - I don't know) that's intended to work in conjunction with the port plug.
Posted by: Doug917

Re: I'll start - 06/13/06 03:31 PM

Thanks Gonk!

I noticed the EQ listed but not really described. The difference in wattage seems so minimal it should not even be a concern. I wonder if they will sell the port plugs separately as I would be curious as to the sound even without the EQ. They could even offer a way to upgrade the LFM-1 to the Plus model as well (trading out the amp section if this is the only difference).

Re: I'll start - 06/13/06 04:49 PM

I ordered my 990/7125/LFM-1Plus combo on Monday.
Hope to get it here next week.
Do they E-Mail you Tracking # once shipped?
Posted by: thosj

Re: I'll start - 06/13/06 09:35 PM

I ordered the LFM-1 Plus/SMS-1 Combo on 6/7 and haven't heard a thing other than a reply from Jennifer of Outlaw regarding the shipment requiring a signature!! No ship notice or tracking number yet.
Posted by: Ritz

Re: I'll start - 06/15/06 07:43 AM

Perhaps Scott or someone else could delineate the differences between the LFM-1 and LFM-1-plus? Or maybe the marketing copy could be expanded a bit more? Other than the addition of a port plug and a few percent increase in amplifier output, it appears to be the same design. Perhaps a retro-fit kit for existing LFM-1 customers would be possible?

Given the close similarity in price and features of the LFM-1 and LFM-1-plus, one has to wonder if the LFM-1 is going to remain on the menu for much longer.

Cheers,

Re: I'll start - 06/15/06 12:37 PM

I got an E-Mail today with the three tracking numbers. I placed the order on Monday and it was shipped on Tuesday via FedEx ground.
They should be here by next monday.

Re: I'll start - 06/15/06 12:44 PM

Cool deal. Did you see in this thread that I'd posted a few pictures (courtesy of edcon) of the 7125 with the cover off? Edcon thought you might like them since you'd asked about them in that thread.