extremely low output

Posted by: goocher89

extremely low output - 05/15/14 11:59 AM

Hello, I just received an lfm 1 plus and hooked it up via high level/speaker level inputs. The sub barely has any volume to it, even when cranked up to 10. I also noticed when i play a song, the led doesnt turn green for 10-15 seconds.

My setup is laptop>dragonfly DAC>fiio a1 amp (2x14w)>cambridge audio s30/lfm-1 plus

I tried messing with the crossover, phase, changing high output/low extension, i triple checked all connections for polarity issues or poor contact. I even opened up the back and checked if any wires were loose on the inside.

I first thought maybe my stereo amp was too weak but i hooked it up to another one (2x68w) and same issue, no change in volume from sub.

The sub-out DOES work though. It gave proper volume. Only when connecting via speaker level does the low output occur.

Is the subs amp broken? I really hope theres something else i could try on my part to maybe fix the problem without having to wait for a replacement amp....
Posted by: Outlaw Nancy

Re: extremely low output - 05/15/14 02:00 PM

Hi,

Sorry to hear about this! Very rare occurrence for us. I understand that you have been in touch with our customer service department... all will be well soon smile
Posted by: goocher89

Re: extremely low output - 05/18/14 06:04 PM

I received a replacement amp and i hooked it up. Same problem....

The subs volume has to be at least at 8 for any kind of decent bass....
Posted by: Outlaw Jim

Re: extremely low output - 05/19/14 10:40 AM

Hello goocher89, Please give me a call at Outlaw Technical Support, 866-688-5297. Thanks.