7075 Estimated power running 3 channels

Posted by: brandon

7075 Estimated power running 3 channels - 07/08/14 12:52 PM

Hey guys,
New owner of a Outlaw 7075 for my soon to arrive Yamaha CX-A5000 preamp. I will be using the 7075 to power the rears, center, and outside zone speakers. My parasound A21 powers the front two.

When running just the 3 (2 Surrounds & Center) any idea how much power it puts out, or is it just close to the stated 75w/ch into 8ohms?

Thanks!
Brandon
Posted by: Owl's_Warder

Re: 7075 Estimated power running 3 channels - 07/09/14 12:59 PM

I'm pretty sure Outlaw's amps have the same power available to all channels, whether you use just one or all of them. It doesn't vary like some manufacturers.
Posted by: brandon

Re: 7075 Estimated power running 3 channels - 07/09/14 02:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Owl's_Warder
I'm pretty sure Outlaw's amps have the same power available to all channels, whether you use just one or all of them. It doesn't vary like some manufacturers.

Oh ok. I knew that all channels in use produce 75w but didn't know that. Thanks!
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: 7075 Estimated power running 3 channels - 07/09/14 07:10 PM

Total power available to a channel is somewhat dependent on the power supply. The 7075 has a power supply capable of providing at least 525 watts into all 7 channels at the same time (7X75). Each channel is not capable of providing much more than its fair share since you essentially have seven 75 watt amplifiers in the case. Being that most of the amps built by ATI for Outlaw are pretty conservatively rated you might expect to get a few more watts out of each channel at full power. Now for the reality part...the rears, sides and center will never approach the full power of each channel on a continuous basis. The use you have for the 7075 is perfect for what you are doing. Powering the surrounds and letting your mains get more power from another source gives you a little more headroom on the power supply and may let it last longer.