Cable Suggestions

Posted by: TonyP

Cable Suggestions - 02/21/11 01:09 PM

Hey Everyone,

I just purchased the Outlaw 7500 amp. Any suggestions on what cables to purchase?
Posted by: gonk

Re: Cable Suggestions - 02/21/11 01:37 PM

One choice would be to stay with Outlaw and get interconnects from them. There are some other options, too, though. A lot of folks like MonoPrice, but I've also had great luck with Blue Jeans Cable.
Posted by: nortynorty

Re: Cable Suggestions - 02/21/11 02:56 PM

I use Blue Jeans Cable to connect my 1070 to my 7500.
Posted by: KOYAAN

Re: Cable Suggestions - 02/21/11 04:10 PM

I use Blue Jeans between my 990 and 770. Their a little cheaper than outlaw and you can specify the length.
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: Cable Suggestions - 02/21/11 06:41 PM

I have both Blue Jeans and Monoprice cables and prefer the BJCs over the monoprice versions. They both work fine but the BJCs feel more solidly constructed. I have my 990 connected using the BJCs and it sounds awesome but, if you don't need to use balanced you can save your $$$ and go with RCA interconnects. Altough the balanced cables may get you 3 db more signal they are not needed unless you run for long lengths.
Posted by: gonk

Re: Cable Suggestions - 02/21/11 11:12 PM

Originally Posted By: XenonMan
...I have my 990 connected using the BJCs and it sounds awesome but, if you don't need to use balanced you can save your $$$ and go with RCA interconnects. Altough the balanced cables may get you 3 db more signal they are not needed unless you run for long lengths.

I do agree about the Blue Jeans build quality.

If he's using the SR7002 in his sig, then XLR's aren't an option in the first place. That's a receiver that will only have unbalanced pre-outs.
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: Cable Suggestions - 02/22/11 08:25 PM

Good point as usual.
Posted by: Zaigrith

Re: Cable Suggestions - 02/28/11 01:28 PM

I am using monoprice XLR 6' cables right now between my 990 and 7700, but I have nothing to compare them to. They seem solid to me. I have been using monoprice for 5+ years and only once had a problem with a subwoofer rca cable.