7700 issues

Posted by: JB

7700 issues - 11/17/09 02:09 PM

I created a support ticket for this yesterday but wondered if anyone here might want to chime in on the issues...thanks!!

I have a couple of issues with my 990/7700 combo.

I believe it is specifically something with the amp.

I am using balanced inputs from the 990.

1) There is nothing coming from the left channel.

2) Whenever I put anything into the center channel on the amp I get a huge amount of what I can only really describe as "electrical" noise from the speakers.

I swapped out different cables and switched inputs from the 990, but everything seems to come back the the amp.

It also seems to be isolated to those two inputs because I am currently running everything without issue using the SBL and SBR in place of the C and L channels.

(I currently do not have 7 speakers only 5).

Any thoughts?
Posted by: gonk

Re: 7700 issues - 11/17/09 03:01 PM

Certainly sounds like the amp channels. The pre-amp outputs and the cables are behaving when you hook them to other channels. I'd wait to hear what Outlaw support says, but based solely on what you describe I would agree with your assessment: left and center amp channels have a problem.
Posted by: JB

Re: 7700 issues - 11/17/09 05:38 PM

Thanks Gonk.

Scott has just replied to the ticket indicating that it's going to have to be returned for repair.
Posted by: Ritz2

Re: 7700 issues - 11/17/09 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JB:
Thanks Gonk.

Scott has just replied to the ticket indicating that it's going to have to be returned for repair.
What are you returning? The processor? The amp? Both?

Does Outlaw QC units when they arrive from China/Korea/wherever or do they rely on QC at the factory?

Best,
Posted by: gonk

Re: 7700 issues - 11/17/09 10:59 PM

The problem was in the amp, so it will either be a repair at Outlaw's office out east or ATI in California.
Posted by: Robert Holloway

Re: 7700 issues - 03/13/10 07:41 PM

Hi there,

I have the 7700 and it's a very nice amp. Effortless power, super smooth sound versus the sometimes shrill sounding cheaper receivers. I'd recommend it to anyone for an HT or mid range stereo set up.

I have owned it for 4 years and it still works great!
Rob
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: 7700 issues - 03/14/10 12:17 AM

I had a dead channel in my 7125 and had to send it back to Outlaw for repair. It was under warranty but it still cost me $60 to ship it there. They paid to ship it back and it has been great since then.