I am crying had to send 7700 in for repair

Posted by: Sirquack

I am crying had to send 7700 in for repair - 01/17/17 02:28 PM

I am not a happy camper, but it was my fault. I had my equipment turned on and was in my AV closet where all my wiring is done. My speaker wires have banana plugs on them and then plug into wall outlets from my 7700.

I am in the process of changing my theater room for a Dobly Atmos speaker setup so I was unplugging my rear surrounds from the wall plate and accidentally touched the Surround Back Left and Right plugs briefly which caused a spark.

Both the Left/Right rear channels are no longer working so I'm sure something was blown. I did a bunch of testing to make sure it was the amp and ended up having to call Outlaw.

The bad news is my amp is out of warranty according to Outlaw. Also, since the 7700 is so heavy it cost me $150 to ship ground including insurance.

I just hope the repairs won't be to costly. I am suprised just barely touching to channels would blow two amps. I've crossed strands from speaker terminals on my Denon before and never blew channels. I would think there should be some protection.

Going to be a very costly error... frown Randy
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: I am crying had to send 7700 in for repair - 01/17/17 06:19 PM

I am certain I would not want to ship my 7500 back home for repairs. Even with the warranty the shipping back home is on the owners. I had to send my 7125 back and it was back in my hands fully repaired in less than ten days.