New 7500 - Wrong Power Cord???

Posted by: Timmer

New 7500 - Wrong Power Cord??? - 11/30/12 07:03 PM

I just received my new 7500, made all the connections except power, and found out the power cord I was supplied does not fit into the back of the amp. The cord I was supplied has a plug that looks like it would fit into the back of an AVR. Should a different cord have been supplied or is it expected that the buyer find a suitable adapter?
Posted by: PeterT

Re: New 7500 - Wrong Power Cord??? - 11/30/12 07:34 PM

Timmer,

That had to be a mistake from the factory. Please call on Monday and we will address it.

Peter
Posted by: Timmer

Re: New 7500 - Wrong Power Cord??? - 11/30/12 08:22 PM

Yeah, I was afraid of that. Waiting is the hardest part. I guess I could always splice the current cord, add some alligator clips and fire it up while I wait. ;-)
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: New 7500 - Wrong Power Cord??? - 11/30/12 11:02 PM

Don't do it. The cord on my 7500 is quite substantial. Wouldn't want to starve it tor voltage and burn something. Would likely void the warranty too.
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: New 7500 - Wrong Power Cord??? - 11/30/12 11:16 PM

If you do it though make sure to report on any sonic improvements you note. LOL ;-)
Posted by: S. Sharkey

Re: New 7500 - Wrong Power Cord??? - 12/01/12 03:21 PM

Might you have an extra component or two not in use? If they have detachable cords that are the same design as the socket on the back of your 7500(quite common) that would do you just fine. Inspect the socket, it should have 3 prongs set in a triangle. The cord would have the same design to work.

You might even be able to buy one cheaply from a big box in the computer section, if you can't wait!

Edit: I take it back! Just looked at a pic of the 7500 and the socket looks unique to Outlaw. My Oppo, Parasound, Emotiva cords are all the same, but that Outlaw appears different.