7500 DOA?

Posted by: Jeff in FL

7500 DOA? - 07/28/12 05:34 PM

New member here, but have been an Outlaw customer for about 4 years when I bought the 990 pre-pro.

I received my on-sale B-stock 7500 a week ago Fri., and finally found a moment to hook it up last night. I also bought some decent XLR cables from another source. This is the first time I've ever had some. So I go from the 990 directly to the 7500, making sure each switch is in the balanced position. All looks right, and I get no sound coming from the unit. Nothing. My previous amp (an Acurus 200X3) was working fine before removal. I removed all the RCA pre-out connections from the 990. I checked the 990 manual and menu for options to enable the XLR outputs. I changed one of the channels to an RCA connection, and switched it to unbalanced. That didn't change anything. I am powering up the amp through a power conditioner that is rated at 15A total output... an APC C10. I realize that is pushing it, but unless I am cranking it, that is not the limiting factor. It is getting powered on (the light on the switch is lit). Just no sound. So what am I doing wrong, if anything? Is my amp just DOA? I hope it is something obvious.
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: 7500 DOA? - 07/28/12 09:01 PM

Call Outlaw Monday. Could be a blown power supply fuse
Posted by: beyond 1000

Re: 7500 DOA? - 07/29/12 12:24 AM

And don't buy B-stock just to save a few dollars.
Posted by: ndskurfer

Re: 7500 DOA? - 07/29/12 12:36 AM

Originally Posted By: beyond 1000
And don't buy B-stock just to save a few dollars.

Outlaw stands by their products, you rarely hear of bad amps on even used 7500's, even less on b-stock. I would trust b-stock even more as it comes with a great warranty still. Outlaw Audio will take care of you.

I would give Outlaw a call, they will take care of you.

Re: 7500 DOA? - 07/29/12 02:26 AM

If I didn't get any indication I set things up wrong (which is not likely, as I know this stuff very well), I was definitely going to call Outlaw on Monday. And I had no problem, in theory, buying B-stock; yes to save a few dollars, and because of how they stand behind their product. I am very confident Outlaw will take care of this professionally.
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: 7500 DOA? - 07/29/12 10:25 AM

They will fix you up on Monday. Buying B-stock is a great way to save a few bucks. I have had new equipment arrive DOA fresh out of the box. It is usually something simple like a blown fuse or loose part. Rarely is something really bad wrong.

Re: 7500 DOA? - 07/30/12 02:25 AM

Ummm, nevermind. I figured out the problem. It is NOT dead. It was user error, and I feel like an idiot. It was somewhat obvious... it was the trigger line causing my problems. I disconnected it, and now it comes on fine. I'll play around with it some more to get the trigger to work properly (my APC power conditioner uses one as well, and the 990 has 2 trigger outputs, so there might be some fighting there).