Model 770

Posted by: slicavoli

Model 770 - 05/02/11 12:06 PM

Had the oppertunity to pull the cover off the Outlaw 770, there are fuses on the output stages and I also found the name Amplifier technologies on the pwr supply. Very interesting!!
Posted by: mgdurand

Re: Model 770 - 05/02/11 07:45 PM

Originally Posted By: slicavoli
Had the oppertunity to pull the cover off the Outlaw 770, there are fuses on the output stages and I also found the name Amplifier technologies on the pwr supply. Very interesting!!

I believe that Amplifier Technologies, Inc. (ATI) manufactures Outlaw's amplifiers to Outlaw's specifications.
Posted by: Sirquack

Re: Model 770 - 05/02/11 07:51 PM

This is no secret, what are you asking Sli?
Posted by: gonk

Re: Model 770 - 05/02/11 09:26 PM

All of Outlaw's multichannel amps are manufactured in California by ATI. The designs are specific to Outlaw, although I would expect that a fair number of components are also used in other ATI designs. (There was a review some years ago that found very little difference between the internals of the Model 7900 and a Lexicon 7x300W amp that was also manufactured by ATI, for example - the reviewers didn't have access to a 7900 to make a complete comparison, though, so there was never a formal comparison made.)

This partnership goes back to the original Model 750 in the late 1990's. Outlaw's never made any effort to conceal the fact that they do not own any manufacturing facilities of their own, and ATI is widely accepted as a very, very good manufacturer of power amps.