nope dont break your back.

Posted by: Jimna

nope dont break your back. - 12/21/09 08:04 PM

very few CRT's are better than 720p. the few that are were rediculously expensive, and none were sonys.

i play with TVs for a living, i had to do some research on this so people would get off my back....trust me.
Posted by: akdrama

Re: nope dont break your back. - 12/22/09 08:02 PM

I'm not sure what thread this post is relating to, however....

I am surprised that none of them are Sony's. A few years ago when looking to upgrade to digital quality resolution, I felt Plasma and LCD were not up to the quality of CRTs. Too much pixelation for the cost IMO....so I bought the Sony 32" widescreen (1080i). I really liked the quality of the picture which I felt was better then most flat screen displays under $5000. At the time, for $700, it was the best choice until plasma or lcd technology got better and cheaper.

But you are right, they are a back breaker. None of my friends want to help move the tv at moving time. The monster weighs 200#s!! Literally.

Recently I upgraded to plasma. My only regret is the power consumption which is over 600w. Ugh! Certainly I wish LCD were better pictures and less video blur. Oh well.

I still like the look of CRT the most....maybe I am getting too old to accept change....chuckle.

AK
Posted by: akdrama

Re: nope dont break your back. - 12/22/09 08:04 PM

OH! I found the thread...my bad.
Posted by: Jimna

Re: nope dont break your back. - 12/22/09 09:11 PM

oops! i dont know how this became a thread. i was replying to another thread, not starting a new one. sorry about that.

ok, i think i see whats happening.

if you click on the reply button before you sign in it asks for your username and password on the same page you post a reply...well everytime i do it starts a new thread?

sorry none the less. i dont want to clutter up the place. please feel free to delete both threads if there is a mod reading this.

/internet fail!