970 no longer responds to remote

Posted by: Bruce E

970 no longer responds to remote - 12/31/06 08:30 PM

I hope this isn't a well-known issue that I've somehow missed, but ....

My 970 no longer responds to any commands from the remote control. The remote's buttons still light up, and I did try inserting brand-new batteries, but still nothing.

The 970 does respond to commands from a universal remote (Logitech) that I've programmed for it, so it hasn't gone deaf, it just seems that the remote is no longer talking or it's speaking the wrong language.

Any ideas?
Posted by: gonk

Re: 970 no longer responds to remote - 12/31/06 10:27 PM

Is there any chance you re-programmed the "TNR" device on the 970's remote or wiped the remote entirely? That would happen from time to time with 1050 owners, and the results are exactly what you describe.
Posted by: Bruce E

Re: 970 no longer responds to remote - 01/01/07 07:42 PM

oops ... I use the 970 remote only for controlling the 970 and completely forgot about the TNR button being assigned to it. My bad!!

Thanks for steering me right, Sir Gonk.
Posted by: gonk

Re: 970 no longer responds to remote - 01/01/07 07:56 PM

No sweat, Bruce - just glad to hear that the remote hasn't suffered any more pesky amnesia than being in the wrong mode. smile
Posted by: iardon

Re: 970 no longer responds to remote - 01/02/07 12:54 AM

Off topic, but it would be nice if you could control the brightness of the remote's keys when they're pressed. That thing is bright!

Anybody else notice this? I watch my movies in almost a completely dark environment so maybe that's why the remote sticks out so much when pressed.