970 BM choices through 6ch[analog] external inputs

Posted by: The Hun

970 BM choices through 6ch[analog] external inputs - 12/21/05 01:28 PM

If I choose the "digital" option, will this let me tap into the main digital processor, and basically gives the same results and settings I calibrated for through the digital inputs? [I understand that an AD conversion will takes place before this.]

Also, if the main L/R speakers are set to large, would the center speaker's bass[set to small] content go to those, or to the sub directly?

Is the 990 different on any of those situations?

Thanks!
Posted by: gonk

Re: 970 BM choices through 6ch[analog] external inputs - 12/21/05 05:54 PM

The "digital" option will convert the analog to digital and apply the quadruple crossover settings. I don't think you can apply any other processing (such as PLIIx), but that's about it. I'm not sure about where small center and surround data would go when the mains are large and the sub's enabled - if nothing else, Outlaw support should be able to get you an answer.

The 990 lacks the 970's switch - if all speakers are set to large it acts the same as the "bypass" option on the 970, but if some or all speakers are small it acts the same as the "digital" option.
Posted by: The Hun

Re: 970 BM choices through 6ch[analog] external inputs - 12/21/05 06:01 PM

Quote:
The "digital" option will convert the analog to digital and apply the quadruple crossover settings
Time alligment too? Yeah I didn't think it would add any post processing[it would be nice] to it, but basically I just wan't the all BM settings duplicated.
thanks.
Posted by: gonk

Re: 970 BM choices through 6ch[analog] external inputs - 12/21/05 06:05 PM

I could be wrong, but I believe the 990 bypasses the DSP section (meaning time alignment is skipped). If I'm right, the 970 is probably similar.