Standby question

Posted by: doodley_doo

Standby question - 02/12/08 04:00 AM

Does anybody know how quickly the M2200 powers up and begins producing sound after it receives an audio signal in standby mode? Is there a perceptible loss of music on the first song sent from the audio source?
Posted by: malcontent

Re: Standby question - 02/12/08 12:01 PM

It takes some portion of a second. Yes indeed, you will miss the opening moment when you first power up. My "solution" is to hit the play button again after all the green lights have come on.
Posted by: JayDee

Re: Standby question - 05/21/09 02:52 PM

Hi

I currently have a pair of Model 2200s with the trigger setting to Music. The Model 2200s are connected to a power conditioner along with my pre/pro. When I 1st turn everything on via the power conditioner the lights on the Model 2200s are green from the get go while my pre/pro is still in standby mode. I thought that if the trigger is set to music the amps would be in standby mode (amber light) and then go to green once I turn on the pre/pro. Is what I'm seeing normal? Thx in advance. JD
Posted by: tleavit

Re: Standby question - 08/10/09 09:44 PM

All 7 of mine pop up in less then a second.
Posted by: TRW

Re: Standby question - 10/08/09 06:50 PM

I turn my pre amp input switch momentarily to an unused phono input which generates enough noise to turn on the amps, and then switch immediately to my desired source of music.

TRW
Posted by: G. E. S.

Re: Standby - How Long Before Amber? - 02/04/10 05:46 PM

In a related question, how long before the 2200 M-Blocks enter Standby mode after a Model 990 is put into Standby mode?

The manual states "a few minutes after the audio signal stops," but I put the 990 in Standby mode and a few minutes later lights were still green on my new pair of 2200's. They're set up correctly, per the manual: each 2200 has its power switch in the On position and the Trigger Mode Switch set to Music.
Posted by: G. E. S.

Re: Standby - How Long Before Amber? - 02/05/10 03:49 PM

I've answered my own question by running an experiment:

1. Put 990 in Standby.
2. Measured time before each of my two 2200s went into standby.

The interesting thing is that the first — the top one in the stack — went into Standby after 9 minutes, but the second — the bottom one in the stack — did not enter Standby until after 14 minutes had passed.

The 2200s are on their own shelf and stacked atop each other.