1070 is in the House!

Posted by: Richard_R

1070 is in the House! - 09/01/05 11:59 AM

Got it last night but unfortunatly, all the cables I ordered along with it were a no show. Should have them today or tomorrow. The 1070 is a significant improvement in the looks department so I'm looking forward to this weekend once I get everything hooked up.

I played around with remote, programing in my TV coulds but couldn't get my HD Samsung SAT receiver to work with codes listed in the 1070 manual. Anybody know were I can go to additional codes?

Richard
Posted by: gonk

Re: 1070 is in the House! - 09/01/05 12:42 PM

I was going to suggest that you check out the codes page at HiFi Remote (which covers the JP1 remote world in pretty good detail), but there aren't any codes listed there for a Samsung satellite receiver. You might give the Samsung cable box codes a whirl (0144 and 0040). Another thought (which may be totally useless) is to look at the satellite provider that you are using - my cable provider uses a standard remote to control both Scientific Atlanta and Pace boxes using a code library (the SA code set) that is sometimes listed as "Time Warner".
Posted by: Ranger1000

Re: 1070 is in the House! - 09/01/05 05:32 PM

I should get my 1070 tomorrow. Unfortunately, like Richard_R, all the audio and video cables I ordered will not come until later - 5 days.
Posted by: brianm

Re: 1070 is in the House! - 09/02/05 12:19 AM

Just received mine today. Weighs a ton, looks great, two fans on the bottom, now I need to set it up. Unfortunately I won't have time to fully set it up this evening. Can't wait to hear it!

- Brian
Posted by: Tito Rules

Re: 1070 is in the House! - 09/02/05 12:03 PM

I received mine yesterday. My first impressions are extremely positive, but I want to play with it this weekend before I post a detailed review.

Matt
Posted by: brianm

Re: 1070 is in the House! - 09/03/05 12:18 AM

OK, I've finished the initial setup of the 1070 and it sounds great. I'm not sure if I have all the settings exactly correct, but it sounds great, lots of punch and crisp. I tested it first with Star Wars Episode I - awesome. Then I tested it with a Police CD (Bed's too Big...), in stereo and 6 channel stereo. 6 channel stereo mode blew me away - extra bass, lots of punch and an enveloped, crisp sound.

- Brian
Posted by: Ranger1000

Re: 1070 is in the House! - 09/03/05 07:50 PM

Here are some 1070 photos if anyone is interested. http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=60002
Posted by: Belgand

Re: 1070 is in the House! - 09/04/05 09:41 AM

Very nice looking. Though personally (and I'm probably just about the only person saying this) I think I prefered the look of the 1050. Still, it's the sound that matters, not looks.
Posted by: JHoff80

Re: 1070 is in the House! - 09/07/05 05:43 PM

Just got my 1070 set up, and love it. I did have a period at the beginning where nothing would work. I tried doing the firmware update, and it didn't work (I forgot that my serial port is disabled in my BIOS until afterwards), but after I put the receiver into reset mode, and then turned the master power off and then back on, it worked properly.

Definitely sounds better than the old Sony receiver it replaced, and I think its wattage (7x65) is more powerful than the Sony's (5x110), so that takes my one worry away. The remote is functional in the time while I'm waiting for the codes to be posted on the Harmony website.
Posted by: painttoad

Re: 1070 is in the House! - 09/07/05 06:45 PM

good to hear!my 1050 is strong,and i only use it for center and surr.

maybe....7.1 will be for me one day.

once again,i do mainly 2.1 listening.DTS and such is just icing on the cake.having a quality upgrade option is a plus.i'm gonna build some bookshelf(stand) speakers,if they go as planned will be building slim 3-way towers.so i will once again have extra speakers wink

hint:never sell extra till you are POSITIVE it's extra