no power,what happened?

Posted by: billmuzak

no power,what happened? - 07/08/07 11:25 PM

i got the sub a month or so ago..works fine..well i was moving the sub a few inches closer to the wall,when the power plug pulled out..it was on auto standby(red light)on..well i pluged it back in .^%$#@$%&*&no power,no light,fuse is fine..what happened??i can't believe it

Re: no power,what happened? - 07/08/07 11:28 PM

also circuit didn't trip..outlet has power..
Posted by: gonk

Re: no power,what happened? - 07/09/07 11:42 AM

Did it pull out at the wall or at the sub? If you don't even get the red standby light on, then it sounds like a power problem of some sort - maybe the cord itself or the connection at the sub's amp. Just to check all the bases, have you double-checked the power switch's position? Assuming that it hasn't gotten bumped down to the "off" position, you might try a different power cable (one from a PC would work fine) to see if the cable itself was damaged somehow. If neither the cable nor the switch is a problem, I'd move on to Outlaw themselves - their support can get you back in business no matter what turned out to be the problem.

Re: no power,what happened? - 07/15/07 09:35 PM

well i called outlaw tech support and in the end i recieved a new amplifier replacement and everything is working well
Posted by: gonk

Re: no power,what happened? - 07/15/07 09:45 PM

Cool - glad to hear it got fixed!