No audio?

Posted by: Bajahammer

No audio? - 12/22/09 04:07 PM

Hello all, last night i went down to watch a movie on my projector and had an audio issue. While watching monday night football everything was working fine. I then switched to watch a blu ray with my Harmony remote and only had sound coming from my left and right speakers? I then tried to change the audio and must have hit a wrong button, because now i get no audio at all. I have the 990, 7125 with a Pioneer BDP-51 blu ray player. The input was assigned correctly per the display on the front of the 990. The audio was on 7.1 per the display on the 990, but, i was unable to change it to any other audio modes? Any suggestions on what i did?

Thanks in advance!
Posted by: gonk

Re: No audio? - 12/22/09 05:36 PM

A few questions:

What input do you use with the BDP-51? Is it using the analog 7.1 Direct input? If so, you can't change audio modes because you are bypassing the DSP.

Did shutting everything off and turning it back on help? If the Harmony got confused but has worked in the past, this should help resolve matters.

Does the 990 trigger the 7125? If so, could you have switched to an input that has the 12V trigger disabled for some reason? That would shut the amp off.

Re: No audio? - 12/22/09 09:17 PM

thanks gonk, yes the BDP-51 is using the analog 7.1, it has worked well for many months, just not sure what i did? I tried shutting everything down and that did not seem to solve the problem. Yes the 990 does trigger the 7125, everything appears to be working fine except the blu ray player. my HD DVR works fine it just appears to be the blu ray. i will have to mess with it some more tonight and see if i can fibure out what i did. I am sure it is something i did since everything else works fine.
Posted by: gonk

Re: No audio? - 12/22/09 10:04 PM

In 7.1 Direct, the 990 isn't doing much. I'd check to see if something is up with the BDP-51, as well. My BDP-83 has its own volume control, including a mute function - might want to make sure there's not something similar going on with the BDP-51.

Re: No audio? - 12/22/09 11:13 PM

Thanks Gonk, I'll check it out and report any findings back.
Posted by: mzpro5

Re: No audio? - 12/23/09 02:21 PM

This is a pretty stupid response but are you sure you have the 7.1 audio option selected on the 990 and not DVD?

Re: No audio? - 01/02/10 06:28 PM

Update: Not sure exactley what the issue was, but, its now solved. I went into the menu and reassigned all inputs and it is now working fine. As i previously mentioned i am sure this was operator error smile