Anybody run into this problem?

Posted by: zod

Anybody run into this problem? - 05/28/08 06:07 PM

I haven't been around in quite awhile so I don't know if this has been covered. I calibrate my system with a RS analog SPL. Twice in the last six months, I've had the center and surrounds go exactly 3db down from the mains. I have the latest firmware update applied.

Has anybody experienced this?
Posted by: gonk

Re: Anybody run into this problem? - 05/29/08 01:43 PM

Did the settings change? That's not something I remember hearing about or experiencing...

Re: Anybody run into this problem? - 05/29/08 03:09 PM

The trim levels were the same as when I did the previous calibration in both cases.
Posted by: KOYAAN

Re: Anybody run into this problem? - 05/29/08 05:09 PM

I tend to fiddle with my system a lot so I calibrate pretty often, but when I leave it alone for a month or so then check the calibration, everything seems to have stayed as I set it.

Re: Anybody run into this problem? - 05/29/08 05:24 PM

I calibrate and leave it. I check it about every six months or so.
Posted by: gonk

Re: Anybody run into this problem? - 05/29/08 06:31 PM

So the levels were unchanged, but you found that you needed to bump the center and surrounds up by 3dB when you recalibrated? Did anything else in the system change in the interim?

Re: Anybody run into this problem? - 05/29/08 09:56 PM

The first time no. The second time I was getting ready to change out the center channel, but had noticed that dialog on a lot things seemed weak. So, I checked because of the first instance. So I guess that's no too. I'm now running Mackie HR824s across the front. I don't fiddle. I just calibrate and check it a couple times a year. Other than the Mackie upgrade the system has been the same since I bought the 990 in May 2006.