Did the firmware update, but...

Posted by: DaveHo

Did the firmware update, but... - 12/06/06 08:52 AM

got the “Device (Outlaw) Restart!” error message the first time through. eek The error occurred almost immediately after hitting the upgrade button on the loader. I followed the instructions by cycling power on the 990 & proceeded to restart the upgrade. Everything went smoothly the second time, I got the “Program Success!” message, and I verified the firmware revision to be 3.11 using the enter & input buttons.

I didn't find any reason why it should have failed the first time. USB cable was connected fine and I followed the instructions. There were a couple minor discrepancies between the instructions & what I saw, but I think those were due to me having WinXP Pro. The first time through, the update did not start automatically after opening the file in the loader, I had to start it with the upgrade button. The original firmware was revision 3.00. I just received this unit second hand so I have no experience with it yet. Is there anything I should fear? Any symptoms that something isn't right?
Posted by: Hullguy

Re: Did the firmware update, but... - 12/06/06 09:37 AM

I did the update through the USB port and ran into the same issues. I run XP Pro, too. It's been about a month now and there haven't been any issues. I don't think there is any need to worry! Jim
Posted by: Benson

Re: Did the firmware update, but... - 12/07/06 07:57 AM

I had problems with the upgrading process using a USB cable as well. However, when using a serial cable everything went fine on the first try. Maybe give it a try.