where to buy balanced cables

Posted by: dannv

where to buy balanced cables - 04/28/06 06:03 PM

Hi i will be purchasing a 990/7500 soon, and i am wondering where i can get a set of 5 balanced cables for a moderate price. To give you an idea of what a moderate price is 200$ is way to much 150$ is pushing it and i would prefer under 100$ for all 5.
Posted by: obie_fl

Re: where to buy balanced cables - 04/28/06 06:26 PM

Cheapest way is just going to your local Music store and getting some microphone cables. Here's a web store with XLR cables.
Posted by: gonk

Re: where to buy balanced cables - 04/28/06 06:45 PM

Music stores are definitely an option to keep in mind, as obie_fl points out. I think Outlaw\'s stock of balanced cables is depleted at the moment, but you might ask them about the situation on them is. There's also Blue Jeans Cables .
Posted by: Jim K

Re: where to buy balanced cables - 04/28/06 06:55 PM

I've been happy with stuff I've purchased from BlueJeansCable. That's where I got my XLR cables - about $25 per, depending on length.
Posted by: PodBoy

Re: where to buy balanced cables - 04/28/06 07:30 PM

Oh, I don't know, how about here?

http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/cab_pcb_about.html

Re: where to buy balanced cables - 04/28/06 07:36 PM

pod boy
did you see the price on outlaws cables??????

110$ a pair
thats 330$ for what i need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am looking for alternatives

and obie hows the quality on mic cables from a music store? Am i better off spending a bit more for jeans cable?
Posted by: gonk

Re: where to buy balanced cables - 04/28/06 07:46 PM

That's for 3.5-meter Outlaw cables - I doubt you need 11 foot long cables. That's why I said in my post that you might want to call them and see when they expect the shorter lengths to be back in stock (and what a five-pack of 1-meter cables would cost).

Re: where to buy balanced cables - 04/28/06 07:48 PM

k thanks for the info
Posted by: obie_fl

Re: where to buy balanced cables - 04/28/06 07:49 PM

I know a lot of people really like Bluejeans Cable, but I think they are a tad high sometimes, although still lower then a lot of places. I'm probably not being fair to them because I build most of my own cables. I have bought cables from AVCable.com and they have the same Canare Quad with Neutrik connectors for about half of what BJ charges. For short run interconnects though I'd recommend their low capacitance XLR cables , which are also reasonably priced.
Posted by: vince32837

Re: where to buy balanced cables - 04/29/06 12:18 AM

Not balanced but I bought monoprice cables across the board cost me $90....990/MCA 50 amp combo sounds awesome.....Cables are thick and flexible. Gold pin contacts on connectors too...

Vince

Re: where to buy balanced cables - 04/29/06 12:35 PM

wow obie this is good shit.

Thanks alot
Posted by: Ritz

Re: where to buy balanced cables - 04/30/06 09:54 PM

I'm with Obie. Canare mic cable + Neutrik XLR connectors = bulletproof balanced audio cable at a reasonable price.

I usually roll my own cabling, but I've also bought Outlaw cable in the past (RCA and TOSlink). It's of good quality, but I feel it is quite expensive. Though you could also easily pay 2-10X as much for the same quality from a "premium" cable company. So I guess it's all relative.

Obie, thanks for the heads up on avcable.com. That's a keeper!

Cheers,
Posted by: AGAssarsson

Re: where to buy balanced cables - 05/01/06 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dannv:
... where i can get a set of 5 balanced cables for a moderate price. ... i would prefer under 100$ for all 5.
While Outlaw makes great interconnects of great value, if you can't go that route I would recommend "Precision Low Capacitance Audio Patch Cable" from AV Cable.com for professional grade cable at budget prices. You should be able to get 72" XLR cables with gold connectors for less than $25 each. These utilize Belden 1800F cable stock and I have used these in studio applications without complaint.

Again, I highly recommend the Outlaw cable solutions, so I hope I am not breaking any Hideout etiquette rules here.

Allan
Posted by: Ritz

Re: where to buy balanced cables - 05/01/06 08:50 AM

I have a fair amount of time in the studio as well and while I prefer Canare cabling in that environment, Belden is no slouch and fairly common in studios as well.