Latest reserve time for ordered 990's

Posted by: trikos

Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/13/05 04:13 PM

I thought it would be good for all the people that are still waiting for 990's to get an idea on the latest processed reserve time, that got an order confirmation.

Could you please post your times here?

Thanks
Posted by: nfaguys

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/13/05 04:41 PM

Hi again trikos.
As I said in the other thread: If I actually in fact did hit the submit button, then it was at 9:05 PM that night, just after the starting bell.

I'm not sure, since I didn't have confirmation next morning. Could be that I submitted when I wanted to (i.e. ASAP).
Posted by: robg4040

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/13/05 04:42 PM

I ordered about 3 hours after it started and I got my comfirmation yesterday morning. I paid for it at about noon yesterday and havent heard anything since. I'm just hoping they've sent it.
Posted by: jhunt1

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/13/05 08:32 PM

I joined the reservation list @ 9:58 on 4/17, and received the invitation to purchase the 990 on 5/12 @ 12:19 P.M. I hope that people that are still waiting for the invitation to purchase are not getting discouraged. I think that it is pretty evident that they are sending the invitations out in batches, and that they are being careful not to make errors, and to provide good customer service.
My current feelings are, that there are still units available. Not sure, but I think that they would let everyone know when the current stock has been depleted.

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/13/05 08:54 PM

Thanks everyone so far. The latest posting I have seen is reserved (wait list) at 1:59 est 4/18, and has got an order request. So it looks like midday the next day is the latest so far.

Anyone hit the wait list later than 2 est (4/18)?

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/14/05 11:30 AM

am I to assume we have reached the end of the first shipment? No one else has got an order after the 4/18 2pm wait list? It seems to be getting quiet on the boards regarding this, which is not a good sign.. frown
Posted by: OutWest

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/14/05 12:42 PM

trikos, I would not assume that the first shipment has been sold out. I think the second set or batch of invites for the first shipment have all been sent.

I still believe that the Outlaws are working in batches to keep up the excellent order processing and ship times. If the order interval is the same as from invite 1 to invite 2 then the third batch of invites should be sent around Monday or Tuesday next week. If nothing else the 990s allocated to the first batch of invites but not ordered should become available on Wednesday or Thursday next week.

One reason it might be get quite on the list is that some are now starting to setup and enjoy their 990 while other of us are waiting for delivery. I think most of the wait time discussion last week came for the those two groups.

I would not give up hope yet.
Posted by: gonk

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/14/05 12:46 PM

Also, they have to wait until the middle of next week to make sure that the first invitations have their full 10 days to order or not before they can release those to someone else.
Posted by: jhunt1

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/14/05 01:31 PM

Gonk, I think that the ten day period has been reduced to five. At least that's the time frame that was extended to me. I think that five days is more then adequate to make such a decision. After all you get a thirty day trial period as well.

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/14/05 04:59 PM

So, the people that came up to bat got an email were they only had 5 days to decide?

I am assuming, because they didn't send that to everyone on the list or I would have got that message.

Gonk, you never got that email? I wonder if that was the second batch only.. ????

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/14/05 05:26 PM

The decision period for the invite I received Thursday was 7 days. Funny thing, I did not notice the change in decision period since I was hurrying to to complete the order form.
Posted by: Dennis Allen

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/14/05 08:14 PM

I don't know if this improves anyone's perspective on this shipment/reservations schedule or not, but here goes anyway....

My reservation was confimed received at 9:02PM EDT on 4/17. I am assuming that this would place me in the first batch of reservations.

I received my invite to convert to firm order on Sunday 5/8 at 6:28PM on 5/8.
I did'nt however, place the order until the following day (Monday 5/9)at 2:50PM EDT.
I immediately received confirmation of the order (2 emails).

I have not received however, any confirmation of shipment and/or tracking number.

Outlaw has advised me that my order will ship at the beginning of next week.
So I assume that the first shipment of units are still being processed considering that my reservation was in 2 minutes after the website opened.
Posted by: Paratrooper

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/14/05 09:53 PM

This was my process:

Reservation 915p EDT 4/17
Offer to buy 1220p EDT 5/12
Confirm emails 1248p EDT 5/12
Tracking number email 135p EDT 5/13
Unit delivered 5/13

My offer to buy email stated I had 7 days to decide to purchase.

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/14/05 11:03 PM

This was my process:

Reservation 10:01p EDT 4/17
Offer to buy 12:22p EDT 5/12
Confirm emails 12:30p EDT 5/12
Tracking number email 2:20p EDT 5/13
Unit scheduled delivery 5/17

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/15/05 12:08 AM

There seems to be a couple of streams of decline times. But the latest I have seen for "wait list" reservation time, that got an order is still 2pm on the 18th.

If some people got the 5 or 7 day decline order, then we should be seeing additional people getting offers, unless that was the second wave..
Posted by: PodBoy

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/15/05 12:27 AM

trikos: You seem to be awfully anxious about all of this. Maybe too anxious? One presumes you'll get your unit in due time. Can you please remind us what the date/time coordinates are for your reservation?
Posted by: dirtyschultz

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/15/05 08:59 AM

this was my process:

Reservation 1:59am EDT 4/18
Offer to buy 4:19pm EDT 5/12
Conferm emails 8:10pm 5/12
Recieved 990 10:45am 5/14

I was very supprised the 990 arrived yesterday, I didnt think I would see the unit till the middle of the week. Now I need for my 7100 to arrive!!!

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/15/05 09:30 AM

PodBoy,

Sure I am anxious, but if you read through the forums, I think you will find I am not alone..

I just spend the last 6 months planning and building a substantial theater room (approx 3500cu ft) and was at the point over a month ago of being completely done, except for sound. This included building 8 speaker and an Infinite Baffle sub that is over 150 cu ft in size (-1db@20hz). Trust me, it was a lot of work and sure I am anxious to fire it up.. smile

Since, my original plan was to buy another companies pre-amp (because I thought the 950 was getting a bit dated) I had put in for a purchase of a 7100 B-stock, which fell apart because the stock ran out. Even though the website still shows the 7100 as being available a month later.

Secondly, the 990 was "just coming out" So I cancelled my "other" pre-amp order and got on the "waiting list" to get a package deal:

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 9:15 pm (according to Outlaws email)

The part I find frustrating about this process is having to guess whats going on in the first place. What would be wrong with Outlaw posting an update every couple of days to let people know the status?

JMHO..
Posted by: wingnut4772

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/15/05 10:05 AM

Trikos, can you post some pics of your HT? I would be very interested to see how you designed it and set it up. Maybe with some IB sub pics too? TIA
Posted by: bobby c

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/15/05 10:25 AM

Trikos - I'm with you on the anxiety level, like you I've just spent the last 6 months building a HT in my basement - I'm just finishing up some acoustic treatments. Like you, I was set to buy something else (along w/ the 7100) when the 990 was announced. I was extremely happy with the announcement, but the wait has been a bit trying. I was traveling when the reservation in April was open, luckily I was able to get home at 9:45 (45 minutes after the opening) and place my intent. Thursday I received the invite to buy, which I did (990 & 7100).

Now that I know it's coming I'm focusing on completing the HT - although I also need to buy a rack. I'll probably receive my equipment at the end of the coming week, which is fine for me. The next big decision: what DVD to play 1st?

Best of luck - your sub sounds awesome.

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/15/05 10:36 AM

wingnut4772

I have been taking construction pictures as I went along and plan to post up my pic on the web soon.
Posted by: PodBoy

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/15/05 01:34 PM

trikos:

I understand that you have waited so long to complete your home theater, but you seem to be annoyed at the Outlaws when the 990 wasn't even announced when you started planning and building six months ago. As far as I can read how this process has taken place, it seems as though they haven't delayed anything outside of what has been promised, and they have said that all of this might take some time.

If you've waited six months, is it that big a deal to wait a bit longer? ,
Posted by: gonk

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/15/05 02:29 PM

Hang in there, trikos. I know the waiting is pretty hard sometimes. Your spot in the list is around Tuesday evening? I suspect that the biggest cluster of reservations is from Sunday night and Monday morning, so I would expect to see the invitations start moving through the first couple days very quickly. Hopefully they'll get to your spot soon. I think you'll find that it will be worth it once it arrives.

I'll be keeping an eye out for those pictures, by the way - it sounds like an impressive setup.
Posted by: Jed M

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/15/05 02:56 PM

I remember when the 950 was released and I got on the list about 15 minutes after the preorders started. When it was about my time to order, about a week into the ordering process, I remember they stopped shipping the units due to some problem I can't even remember. I had to wait like another month. That was painful to have it sitting right in front of you and then yanked away like that. I felt like Charlie Brown and the football. laugh

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/15/05 05:40 PM

Thanks for the encouragement, and no I am not mad at Outlaw, I would just like to see some status updates once in a while. I think its better customer relations than keeping people in the dark. The last info is more than 2 weeks ago. ie:

"We have been working hard at shipping product. So far we have shipped 200 units to lucky customers and have made it to 2pm on April the 18th in the wait list. Please hang in there, we will try to get to everyone in the next couple weeks. We are expecting more units to arrive sometime in the first 2 weeks of June and should have everyone on the wait list taken care of by then. Thanks for your patients"

You get the idea.. Something, is better than nothing at all..

I am working on setting up a website now, maybe it will keep my mind off things.. wink
Posted by: Nemos2

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/15/05 06:02 PM

Here is my progression of events :

Confirmation of reservation : 9:25pm, April 17th.
Invite to Order : 12:19 pm, May 12th

Unfortunately I will not be able to order one at this time.....will need to wait until the budget gets a little better..

So.. hope that helps.

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/15/05 10:54 PM

To anyone interested in my pain.. wink

Here is a link to a quick webpage I setup showing the construction process that wingnut4772 asked for:

http://ns1.gnomishworks.com/gallery/albums.php

Let me know if the link does not work, because I am on the inside of my firewall and sometimes I can view the website, but no one else. Hope you enjoy it.
Posted by: rance

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/16/05 08:29 AM

trikos - that is one fantastic HT! Now I can see why you're so anxious. A couple of questions - What material did you use on the walls that led you to use bondo? And did you seal the concrete or use some form of barrier under the carpet?

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/16/05 09:26 AM

Rance,

The screen wall was 3/4" MDF which was biscuit joined every 12" and shimmed at the back to make as flat as possible the surface. I used a steel straight edge with a light shining from the opposite side to find the low spots after attaching it to the wall. Bondo was used because I could apply multiple coats per day (it will set in 5 minutes) and also its tough, real tough.

The concrete floor has hard insulation under it and is sealed to prevent moisture creep. I used a heavy underlay under the carpet for sound.

I still need to make black curtains around the screen and the auto 12v light shades, but wanted to take a break and watch some movies wink
Posted by: E'pin Sen Ob

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/16/05 12:24 PM

Trikos, prettty cool ! love all the DIY aspects of the system . Especially the cavity with the built in Hemholtz resonator . I take it you did all the work yourself . It must have been a pain in the ass stretching all that material over the wall frame . Oh, I do have a question on the center spks. . Are they going to be in sync with the two different distances to your listening position or were you able to synch them somehow .
I utilize a pair of spks. for my center channel as well and have found that by tweaking their position you can create a virtual spk. that comes right off the center of the screen . I plan on mounting the center pair on the left and right hand side of my screen . Just waiting on the mounts .
Have you calibrated the HS-51 with your computer yet . If so could you tell any improvement . I have not had the right setup to try it yet but hope to once I have upgraded to a decent computer . Well, I am starting to rant on and on so......speak at you later .

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/16/05 12:29 PM

HELMHOLTZ, sorry . Can't spell today .
Posted by: hobie

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/16/05 12:41 PM

They are processing reservations from monday morning. I reserved at Monday 8:17am and received my invitation to purchase this morning.

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/16/05 12:46 PM

Yes, it was completely done without anyones help. Except the occasional cleanup help from my wife. I have adjustable brackets for the center channel speakers, but have found the top one will need to be about 16" away from the wall to get the proper projection, due to the angle and the 9' ceilings.

The center channels crossovers have accuately match components (about 5 lbs worth) and the drivers were selected out of the bunch to ensure they matched as closely as possible to each other. They don't show it in the pictures, but each weights about 40 lbs and have very clear transparent sound, never harsh. They are the only part of my last HT that I could not let go of and I cannot say how much I enjoy there sound.

I have not tweaked the projector yet, as I wanted to get everything in the loop (990) before I did so, as I find there is always impact by anything added. No matter how good it is..

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/16/05 12:47 PM

Still got more than a day of wait lists.. Thanks for the update Hobie..
Posted by: rance

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/16/05 01:20 PM

Yup, I reserved mine around 7:30 Monday morning and just got my availability notice. (It says it was sent at 02:36 CDT, but I just received it. I guess those electrons didn't spring for a non-stop)
Posted by: Outlaw_Tim

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/16/05 01:41 PM

Reservation - Sun 4/17/2005 11:56 PM

Your 990 is now available! - Mon 5/16/2005 7:03 AM

Ordered. laugh

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/16/05 02:55 PM

I have been going over the photos you posted for the second and third time trikos . The more I look the more I realize what a wonderful job you did . It was quite imaginative to build in the acoustic treatment of the room the way you did . When you finish with the decorating and such let us know . I really am interested in how it all looks as a complete unit .
Unfortunately I live in a rental house and cannot tear my room apart or make major adjustments . I will be moving in the near future and may need to pick your brain on how to do a few things if you don't mind .
Again thanks for the pics .

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/16/05 04:25 PM

Thanks for the feedback, and you are welcome to pick over whats left.. wink

Once I have the finished product, I will post an update..
Posted by: Hullguy

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/16/05 05:00 PM

Trikos, what an incredible job!!! Wish I had a basement which wasn't water logged to try something like this. JIm

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/16/05 05:59 PM

Thanks to the compliment. I am luck so far with water, have never had a problem.
Posted by: JeffreyMercado

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/16/05 07:45 PM

What a great job! I saw that you had some framing behind the fabric walls. How did you fasten the stretched fabric to the wall? Did you use staples? Could you see what you used, or is it totally concealed?
Posted by: Nemos2

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/16/05 08:31 PM

Trikos, great looking HT man.

The bottom portion of the HT, the raised panels, are those made from MDF?

And are you a carpenter by training?

ian

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/16/05 09:38 PM

The fabric frames are biscuit joined on the edges in a matrix to form frame sections that were then taken down and laid on the floor. A backing cloth was then (same as the backing on a quilt) stretched, spray glued and stapled to the back of the frames using an 1/4" crown air stapler (5/8" long staples) This was done to prevent the insulation from eventually bulging through the frames from the back and pushing on the outside fabric.

The outside cloth was then unrolled on the floor, back facing up and the frames placed on top. (plastic was put on the floor first to prevent and marks on the cloth) The cloth was stretched and spray glued to the back of the frames and stapled using the same stapler. This made it so nothing was visible from the front. The sections were lifted into place and nailed with a 2" air finish nailer, through everything, which leaves no trace on the surface. Each wall in the photos is one section (max length 14’, which I did get help lifting) except for the longest wall (25ft), which was broken into two sections. I then put a solid painted MDF board in between those sections, which you can see in the photos. It will be used for a HT poster, with lighting from above on a dimmer, so not to interfere with the movie. Also, that dimmer will drive a light box above the door going into the theater, which will have a THX logo painted on it (or something)

The bottom sections are raised from the wall with 2x2’s and covered with 3/4" MDF. That was air nailed, glued and filled and then the top raised pieces, cut, routed and glued/air nailed to the top. A crown molding was then added at the tops of the walls, with a 1” gap at the back to accept the cloth framing. The holes were filled and the whole thing including the projector mount, rack, and walls sprayed with an HVLP spray gun.

I am not a carpenter by trade, just what I picked up along the way..

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/16/05 09:44 PM

Hey! Maybe Outlaw would provide me a logo for my light box!

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/19/05 04:22 PM

Thanks for the offer to let me pick your brain trikos . Looking forward to it .
Posted by: Elliot

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/19/05 08:01 PM

My Reservation went in on April 18 at 2:21 PM

Got my "990 is now available" message at 7:30 AM on May 19
Posted by: Ender

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/19/05 09:20 PM

Looks like Ive got a month left frown

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/20/05 11:29 AM

I get the feeling from everyone, including Scott that this was highly weighted in the first few hours of the "wait list", so we may all get them reasonably close together.

Having said that, today is the day Outlaw should be sending out offers from the people that their time expired on the wait list. After today...
Posted by: Scott

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/20/05 11:44 AM

Actually, we sent out a batch yesterday, so it won't be until early next week before the next lot is sent.

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/20/05 12:16 PM

Thanks for the update Scott, nice to hear from the folks at the front.
Posted by: assid

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/20/05 01:49 PM

I wonder if Scott would be willing to inform us how far out on the reservation list does he have enough units to fill orders with, assuming a 90% acceptance rate? That would give us an idea if we're gonna have to wait for the next boat or not.

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/20/05 03:09 PM

I would appreciate something like that as well.

Even if there was an indication of what percentage of whats left SHOULD get handled in this shipment, not excluding anyone backing out.

What I think leaves bad feelings is hanging on only to find out there was a snow balls chance in h?ll that they were going to get one in the first place.

JMHO..
Posted by: CJL1138

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/20/05 03:14 PM

This is my first time to post to this forum, although I have been a long time reader.

Thanks to all of you for a lively debate and consistently useful information.

I placed my name on the reserve list for a 990 back on May 16. Does anybody have a rough guess when a late adopter (LOL) like me will receive my shiny new box?

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/20/05 03:54 PM

Did you order it?

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/20/05 03:59 PM

I placed a reservation. I have not received a confirmation or any sort of request for payment yet.

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/20/05 04:18 PM

I would contact Outlaw then..
Posted by: assid

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/21/05 06:43 AM

Trikos, CJL said he didn't reserve until May 16th. Were you thinking he said April? Although, he should have got an email confirming his reservation ...

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/21/05 09:04 AM

Sorry, yes. I misread that. But if he did't get the confirmation email I would still contact Outlaw. My bad..

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/21/05 07:01 PM

I did get a confirmation email.

Re: Latest reserve time for ordered 990's - 05/21/05 07:39 PM

Well at least now you can get in line with the rest of us.. wink

Good Luck!