Need help

Posted by: randy tee

Need help - 03/21/10 01:31 PM

I dont know if anyone can help with this but, my 32" lcd hdtv has developed a video problem. After its on awhile it begins to flash a double image of different sizes in the lower right hand corner. Problem comes and goes right now but its gettig worse. IT may take up a third of the screen or just barely show in the corner. RE-seting tv helps but it comes back. Ever heard of this? Its a Tatung model #v32gcgi. Thanks for any help. RT
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: Need help - 03/21/10 07:51 PM

Sounds like you need a tech to look at it. Does it have PIP? If so it may be a tuner problem. Does it do it when you play a disc or over the airwaves?
Posted by: randy tee

Re: Need help - 04/09/10 12:36 AM

Ive had the set to three techs now and thier answer is a little hard to take. It seems my best option they say is just to throw it away. Its got a main board problem. Getting it and the labor would run me within 50-60 dollars of what a new set would cost. Its hard to throw a 600 dollar tv away after only four years. And thats another thing, they said I was "lucky" that it lasted that long. He said most LCD's will break within 3 years. No matter the brand. I find this hard to belive. He said thier claims that it will last 20 years are more or less a lie. He said unless its in warranty just throw them away.They were not selling tv's so I couldnt fiqure out what thier angle might be but Im bummed out right now.
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: Need help - 04/10/10 08:55 PM

Look on the bright side, you get a new set and you only spent $150/year for the old one. That not too bad of a deal. I have had my Samsung TV for almost 5 years and it is still looking good. It is DLP bit if I had to buy a new one I would go with plasma over LCD. I don't like the motion artifiacts with the LCDs. If I could get another DLP I would in a heartbeat.