Nice site overhaul!!!

Posted by: bobliinds

Nice site overhaul!!! - 01/14/10 02:32 PM

Lookin' good, Scott.

Very tidy, solid readability, good font choices; and not all tarted up the way some sites get after a redesign.

Excellent job,
Bob
Posted by: iardon

Re: Nice site overhaul!!! - 01/14/10 07:20 PM

Agree, this is much better.
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: Nice site overhaul!!! - 01/16/10 12:14 PM

So far I like the new design much better. It is easier to read and navigate thru.
Posted by: psyprof1

Re: Nice site overhaul!!! - 01/16/10 04:29 PM

Sorry to enter a critical note, but the older site had symbols at the left end of each subject line that showed whether anything new had been added. This was a lot quicker than checking the date at the right end. I'd like those back, or would appreciate being told what to look for.
Posted by: gonk

Re: Nice site overhaul!!! - 01/16/10 05:26 PM

I think that sort of indicator is still available. At the top level (the list of forums), the folder next to any forum with unread posts will be yellow instead of white. I think that also works next to threads - in fact I think I even saw a few cases where threads had a "new!" icon at the end of the thread name - but I've been mostly using the Active Topics page to see what threads have new posts in them. If you click on "Active Topics" at the top of the page and then pick "Active Topics" under that, you will get to the list of all threads that have had new posts in the previous seven days. Newest posts are at the top of the list.
Posted by: KOYAAN

Re: Nice site overhaul!!! - 01/16/10 07:09 PM

The "Active Topics" iS a great feature. It saves a lot of scrolling.