You won't believe this crap!!!!

Posted by: Lasher

You won't believe this crap!!!! - 11/27/06 06:15 PM

I didn't think it could get much worse................I was wrong. I'd like to know what my fellow Outlaws think of this.

http://www.bbspot.com/News/2006/11/home-theater-regulations.html

Lasher
Posted by: gonk

Re: You won't believe this crap!!!! - 11/27/06 08:03 PM

OK, now that's just ludicrous - if that were implemented, it would mean an assortment of sensors (which we'd have to pay extra for) embedded in our gear or perhaps throughout the room that would have to accurately determine how many viewers are present (how it would tell whether or not the audience members lived there or not seems to be ignored) and report the results to "The Man." Yeah, this is entirely reasonable. highway robbery I'm going to have to keep an eye out for more information on this one...

Re: You won't believe this crap!!!! - 11/27/06 08:17 PM

Odd... I can't find any other sources talking about this. Going to have to keep looking when I have some more time.
Posted by: justhavingfun

Re: You won't believe this crap!!!! - 11/27/06 08:25 PM

Normally, I just glance over such idiotic suggestion from any industry and move on but this got to be the most "stupid" and "senseless" or any other words that describes greedy MPAA plots ever attempted to the consumers. This got to be some poorly attempted joke!!!! If this thing actually happens to the consumers, I am not sure any HT industry will ever survive. mad mad mad

Re: You won't believe this crap!!!! - 11/27/06 09:03 PM

OK, I feel better now - check out the about page for this silly thing. It's the tech version of The Onion... We can all sleep easier tonight...
Posted by: justhavingfun

Re: You won't believe this crap!!!! - 11/27/06 09:26 PM

Perhaps, this is not a good site to introduce to those greedy executives at MPAA. They might actually attempted to do such dumb things in the future if they can get away with it.....but ok I feel better now knowing what it is. laugh
Posted by: DNicely1

Re: You won't believe this crap!!!! - 11/27/06 09:57 PM

Whew! for a minute my blood pressure shot through the roof as I hurled explitives around the room...but I wouldn't put it past them.
Posted by: DNicely1

Re: You won't believe this crap!!!! - 11/27/06 09:59 PM

Oh yeah, I need to delete my signature too, because I heve downgraded to a 13" black and white tv with mono sound. wink

Re: You won't believe this crap!!!! - 12/04/06 10:29 AM

smile - This one really made the rounds. It has gotten mentioned on TechDirt , SlashDot , Penny Arcade , all over the freaking place at AVS Forum (some recognizing the joke, quite a few not at first), and (indirectly) Blues News , among others. Looks like BBSpot came up with a bit of satire that came close enough to the reality to worry people...
Posted by: eprudho

Re: You won't believe this crap!!!! - 12/28/06 04:08 PM

Not owning a tv, I don't see what all the "fuss" is about. laugh
Posted by: MeanGene

Re: You won't believe this crap!!!! - 12/28/06 08:23 PM

I think that's a bunch of BS, opps I mean BB.
Posted by: wingnut4772

Re: You won't believe this crap!!!! - 12/29/06 05:18 PM

It's a spoof.
Posted by: Cisco

Re: You won't believe this crap!!!! - 12/30/06 12:26 PM

This site is great for checking out outrageous claims and other urban myths.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/satire/mpaa.asp

Re: You won't believe this crap!!!! - 12/30/06 01:51 PM

I love snopes.com - great resource, especially when co-workers forward you silly chain e-mails...
Posted by: harp795

Re: You won't believe this crap!!!! - 02/02/07 01:01 PM

Not so fast....maybe this sort of thing is closer than we think! It's all about the money...

"NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told The Indianapolis Star the league has a longtime policy of banning "mass out-of-home viewing" of the Super Bowl. He said the copyright law limits public showings to televisions smaller than 55 inches."

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070202/NEWS01/702020453
Posted by: Laventura

Re: You won't believe this crap!!!! - 02/05/07 03:19 PM

another fine example of male behaviour where size does matter wink