Computer Speakers....

Posted by: sraber

Computer Speakers.... - 04/23/05 08:58 PM

Here's one for you.. Can anyone suggest a good set of computer speakers? Not looking for multi-channel but 2.1 would be fine. Looking to spend up to $175 on a good sounding set of speakers. I saw some Swans @ newegg.com. I wonder how they sound...

later,
simp
Posted by: Hullguy

Re: Computer Speakers.... - 04/23/05 11:58 PM

I bought a pair of Klipsch with a sub about a year ago for around that price. I just kept an eye on the Sunday flyers. Jim
Posted by: silversport

Re: Computer Speakers.... - 04/24/05 09:24 AM

Klipsch 2.0 W/O a sub...they say you don't need 'em and are getting rave reviews...$99 bux from their website or BB.
Bill

Re: Computer Speakers.... - 04/24/05 10:26 AM

I was looking at those. Can anyone vouche for these speakers? Or these ?
Posted by: silversport

Re: Computer Speakers.... - 04/24/05 04:25 PM

sraber,
I bet you want to fish for new information over here...I would like to read more about these myself but they have their own forums over there and lots of information if you or others didn't know...we need reports people! smile
Bill
Posted by: curegeorg

Re: Computer Speakers.... - 04/24/05 05:24 PM

youd be crazy not to get the one with the sub.
Posted by: painttoad

Re: Computer Speakers.... - 04/24/05 05:36 PM

get the sub
Posted by: Hullguy

Re: Computer Speakers.... - 04/24/05 06:06 PM

I have the Promedia 2.0 and love them!!! Jim
Posted by: Owl's_Warder

Re: Computer Speakers.... - 04/24/05 09:08 PM

I'll chime in with my speakers here. I have a set of Boston Acoustics and absolutely love them! I know, big surprise to anybody who has paid attention to my posts in the past. laugh

Anyway, I forget what the actual model number of mine are (I think they're just called Digital MultiMedia) but they don't make them any longer anyway. However the Digital BA790 appears to be a very close match. I know they aren't full range down to 20Hz or anything, but I don't look to rattle the casements with my PC. As long as they sound clean and can play loud enough to dance with my girls when a favorite song comes on or for them to be able to watch a movie, I'm happy! Besides, they'll still play too loud if I need them to. wink

Re: Computer Speakers.... - 04/26/05 09:45 AM

Thanks for all the input folks. I ended up purchasing the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 setup. I must say that I'm pretty impressed so far. My only gripe is that the only power switch is located on the sub which is rather inconveniently located under my desk. Oh well, no biggie.

Thanks Again.
Later,
Simp