gonk v2.0

Posted by: gonk

gonk v2.0 - 02/19/05 10:25 PM

As a regular member of this forum, I count many of the folks around here as good friends, so it seems fitting to take a moment this evening to post a bit of thoroughly "off topic" good news. smile

The gonk household grew from two to three yesterday with the arrival of "gonk v2.0" (also known as Kate) shortly before noon Friday. Kate weighs 8lb 14oz and is 21" long. She and her mom are both healthy and happy.
Posted by: silversport

Re: gonk v2.0 - 02/19/05 10:49 PM

CONGRATULATIONS to someone who ALWAYS takes time out to help his fellow hobbiest!
Thanks gonk! Excellent news and thanks for sharing.
Bill
Posted by: Keta

Re: gonk v2.0 - 02/19/05 11:02 PM

FANTASTIC !!! My first was also a girl, that was 11 years ago and it remains one of the best days of my life. Yesterday will be one of your best also. Heres to a happy and healthy new family. Congrats and enjoy.
Posted by: kugumby

Re: gonk v2.0 - 02/20/05 01:01 AM

Great news!! Congrats to you both!!!
Posted by: Hullguy

Re: gonk v2.0 - 02/20/05 07:17 AM

Congratulations!!!
Posted by: JT Clark

Re: gonk v2.0 - 02/20/05 09:32 AM

Isn't this an add-on package vs a version upgrade? :p j/k

Congratulations gonk. cool
Posted by: wingnut4772

Re: gonk v2.0 - 02/20/05 10:52 AM

Congrats!
Posted by: curegeorg

Re: gonk v2.0 - 02/20/05 11:44 AM

Congratulations Gonk and Gonkette (err Mrs. Gonk)!
Posted by: lmHT

Re: gonk v2.0 - 02/20/05 01:31 PM

Gonk,

Congratulations on the new addition...

I myself had a little one back on 11/22...

Wish you and your family the best...

lmHT
Posted by: painttoad

Re: gonk v2.0 - 02/20/05 02:49 PM

congrats gonk & mrs. gonk
Posted by: Cadboy

Re: gonk v2.0 - 02/21/05 08:44 AM

CONGRATULATIONS, GONK!

Now the ride begins! If V2.0 ever gets outdated, you can always upgrade to V3.0.....it just takes 9 months to install and launch!
Posted by: AGAssarsson

Re: gonk v2.0 - 02/21/05 12:23 PM

... as a father of two boys it can be great, but an exhasting and time consuming adventure. I wish all the Gonks good fortune, and hope you find some time to check in to the Saloon once in a while.

Today is a school holiday, and I am working as I am dealing with my children, and finding a moment to send you thanks for all your contributions. I hope your daddy time is as valuable as you have been to so many here. Cheers.

Allan
Posted by: desperado

Re: gonk v2.0 - 02/21/05 03:16 PM

Congratulations !! Best wishes for all !
Posted by: ScottH

Re: gonk v2.0 - 02/21/05 05:15 PM

Congratulations! That's great news.

With our first, also a girl, due in 5 weeks, I now know where to go for advice!
Posted by: JulioCat

Re: gonk v2.0 - 02/21/05 06:28 PM

Well gonk, your next upgrade will have to wait just a little more, but congrats!!!!!!
Posted by: sraber

Re: gonk v2.0 - 02/21/05 06:51 PM

Congratulations!!! Thanks for sharing.

later,
simp
Posted by: Bob045

Re: gonk v2.0 - 02/21/05 06:55 PM

Congrats are most definitely in order! Best wishes to you and your family, gonk!
Posted by: rance

Re: gonk v2.0 - 02/22/05 11:44 AM

Congratulations to Mr and Mrs Gonk!
Posted by: JMS

Re: gonk v2.0 - 02/22/05 01:52 PM

Congratulations, man! Oh well, several years of keeping the volume down so as not to wake the baby. There's always headphones, anyway! Play good music for your new daughter and it'll get into her even now.

Jay
Posted by: Dab

Re: gonk v2.0 - 02/23/05 06:01 AM

Gongratulation gonk, glad the new baby and mom are both fine.
Dab
Posted by: DollarBill

Re: gonk v2.0 - 02/23/05 08:40 AM

Congratulations, Gonk. Good luck with the fourth trimester. There's no greater miracle in the world.
Posted by: Iggy The Dog

Re: gonk v2.0 - 02/23/05 11:48 AM

ARF ARF ARF!

(That's Congratulations in Dog Talk)
Posted by: psklenar

Re: gonk v2.0 - 02/23/05 12:51 PM

Jim,

You already know what I have to say to you, Becca and Kate ... but what the heck, I'll repeat it here for public consumption ... Congratulations to the whole family and may this be the best product testing you've ever done! smile
Posted by: Owl's_Warder

Re: gonk v2.0 - 02/23/05 01:13 PM

Congratulations! My own long absence has been for the same reason! Two of them, actually. That and moving. But that's a topic for another place. Here I just want to wish you all the best.

Also, just let me tell you that a big thing you can do to help yourselves out is do NOT alter the normal noise levels in your home. Babies will sleep with whatever ambient noise they are accustomed to hearing. She's been hearing your normal sounds for months now and if you let her learn to sleep in quiet, you'll forever be shushing people and keeping your volume turned way down. People are always amazed that our 11 month old sleeps with a lot of noise going on around her. Trust me, it makes your life a lot easier!

Congrats again, and I'm sure everyone will cut you some slack if you take a bit longer to post! wink
Posted by: Cadboy

Re: gonk v2.0 - 02/23/05 01:48 PM

WOW! eek

Gonk has brought back the Owl!! laugh

Re: gonk v2.0 - 02/23/05 04:11 PM

Thanks for all the kind words, everybody. The family has been home since Monday and everybody is doing well.
Posted by: tekdredger

Re: gonk v2.0 - 02/23/05 07:02 PM

Congratulations to the Gonks! As a father of two beautiful girls myself I can fully appreciate the joy you must be feeling now. It seems like yesterday we were bringing home our first and now we are planning for college in the Fall. Savor every moment with your little princess for time surely does fly by. Your life, and your perspectives and philosophies will be changed forever - and all for the better.

In little Kate's honor, I'm making a note to be sure to unfurl a fine Cuban cigar on an upcoming Caribbean cruise we are planning.

As an aside, I must concur with Owl's Warder about not altering your lifestyle with regards to noise levels. Some friends of our's had a child before we did and they would tip-toe around the house when the baby was napping and any visitors were requested to whisper. Needless to say, any sound at all would wake up the child - it was just too quiet in the home. My wife and I would just roll our eyes and shake our heads, and then vowed we would never do that with our children. Well this couple was just flabbergasted when they witnessed my wife vacuuming the carpet under the crib while the baby slept! She never stirred, then or whenever there were "normal" sounds in the house.

Best Wishes!
Posted by: justhavingfun

Re: gonk v2.0 - 02/23/05 11:52 PM

Many congratulation to you, Gonk. Although it was more than twenty years ago that I had my first child (a girl!), I still can feel the joy that I experienced looking at my daughter for the first time. Again, best wishes for your family.
Posted by: psklenar

Re: gonk v2.0 - 03/17/05 07:53 AM

For those of you who've not visited Gonk's home page (click on the little house type icon at the top of one of his postings), there's a verry cute picture of "Gonk v2.0" on his front page. smile
Posted by: tekdredger

Re: gonk v2.0 - 04/06/05 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tekdredger:

In little Kate's honor, I'm making a note to be sure to unfurl a fine Cuban cigar on an upcoming Caribbean cruise we are planning.

And a superb Cohiba it was! laugh Congratulations again Gonk and thanks for sharing that beautiful picture on your homepage.
Posted by: stott

Re: gonk v2.0 - 07/21/05 01:09 AM

Hey Gonk,
I've been gone for a while so, Congrats!!!

Stott
Posted by: Jed M

Re: gonk v2.0 - 07/21/05 11:52 AM

Yeah, I missed this the first time around. Congratulations Gonk and Mrs. Gonk! My sister had her first child (daughter) last March. I am in KC visiting her as we speak (type).
Posted by: Outlaw_Tim

Re: gonk v2.0 - 07/28/05 11:34 PM

Old thread, but it has been bumped...and I had a baby 6 weeks ago, same wieght and height and she was a girl, congrats!

Re: gonk v2.0 - 07/29/05 12:05 AM

And congrats to you!