Ba-a-a-a-ad lands...

Posted by: gonk

Ba-a-a-a-ad lands... - 11/08/04 04:10 PM

It looks like we've got a new corner of the saloon to play with. Cool deal.
Posted by: psklenar

Re: Ba-a-a-a-ad lands... - 11/08/04 10:14 PM

mad

oohh ... we can have some fun with the youngsters in here, can't we Gonk! wink
Posted by: JT Clark

Re: Ba-a-a-a-ad lands... - 11/08/04 10:52 PM

I'm confused as to what this section is for. confused

Re: Ba-a-a-a-ad lands... - 11/08/04 11:09 PM

:p 'Tis a possibility, Pat...

JT - Think of it as the domain for totally unrelated discussion, non-audio questions, random mischief, and whatever happens to come up. Could be fun.
Posted by: Lasher

Re: Ba-a-a-a-ad lands... - 11/09/04 10:49 AM

This is more like a real saloon, you can kick back have a few cold ones and let it all hang out smile

Lasher
Posted by: Oil Can

Re: Ba-a-a-a-ad lands... - 11/09/04 11:21 AM

:rolleyes: You guys need to get out more. :p

Re: Ba-a-a-a-ad lands... - 11/09/04 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gonk:
:p 'Tis a possibility, Pat...

JT - Think of it as the domain for totally unrelated discussion, non-audio questions, random mischief, and whatever happens to come up. Could be fun.
Gotcha. I always thought Outlaw to Outlaw was for that, but it seems that section is more for audio related material.
Posted by: JMS

Re: Ba-a-a-a-ad lands... - 11/10/04 12:58 PM

Oh, now see I thought this was a discussion forum for that interesting National Park (out in Montana?) The Badlands National Park is an easy day trip and well worth the visit especially if you're going to see Mt. Rushmore.
No, wait. I guess we're not discussing THAT Badlands...

Jay
Posted by: Inertia4u

Re: Ba-a-a-a-ad lands... - 11/12/04 06:15 PM

So, Scott is member No. 3. Who are Members No. 1 and 2?

Re: Ba-a-a-a-ad lands... - 11/12/04 10:41 PM

My guess is either former employees/contractors who probably helped construct the forum. Not this version, but from the start. Their accounts were deleted/closed/locked and the forum does not adjust the numbers. It's quite possible that no one can get access to them now.
Posted by: Scott

Re: Ba-a-a-a-ad lands... - 11/13/04 01:54 AM

laugh
Posted by: Tony S

Re: Ba-a-a-a-ad lands... - 11/13/04 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott:
laugh
Evidently Scott is working late on friday to make another unreasonable deadline imposed on him by No.s 1& 2. He only has enough energy to type in a Gremlin. Poor Scott. frown
Posted by: Keta

Re: Ba-a-a-a-ad lands... - 11/13/04 08:05 AM

I think Scott is up late putting the final touches on some product announcements. It’s about that time.
Posted by: JMS

Re: Ba-a-a-a-ad lands... - 11/13/04 12:14 PM

Yeah, like an Outlaw Universal Player...
Posted by: rmeredit

Re: Ba-a-a-a-ad lands... - 11/13/04 01:40 PM

My gosh. I'm in pain here. I thought for sure we'd hear something this past week (w/ the show cancelling and all). But, no news. I am so anxious - I've actually thought about picking up a Denon 3805 & just building around that (to help my anxiety problems). I'm wanting that DVI switching, but don't guess it will the end of the world w/o it. Heck, I just bought my Mits DLP & am hoping they bring out a "next gen" in the spring w/ more HDMI & DVI inputs.
Posted by: psklenar

Re: Ba-a-a-a-ad lands... - 11/13/04 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JT Clark:
My guess is either former employees/contractors who probably helped construct the forum. ...
I do not believe either of them are former employees. But they *are* "masked" Outlaws who've I've spoken with in the past. I've never seen them post publicly as Outlaws anywhere, but they're there ... behind the scenes, working with Peter and Scott. smile

What I've not been able to figure out is ... who's member #4??

Re: Ba-a-a-a-ad lands... - 11/13/04 06:52 PM

Their bastard offspring?
Posted by: Inertia4u

Re: Ba-a-a-a-ad lands... - 11/13/04 11:56 PM

ewwwww gross...
If that is the case, I hope that either member 1 or 2 is a female. I would hate to think that the offspring is all genetics. smile
Posted by: bakkahead

Re: Ba-a-a-a-ad lands... - 12/04/04 10:57 PM

Quote:

What I've not been able to figure out is ... who's member #4??
looks like we can do a forum search by member #.....

Iggy The Dog
Gunslinger
Member # 4
Posted by: worldwide

Re: Ba-a-a-a-ad lands... - 12/05/04 01:50 AM

I'd still like to know whether Outlaw Audio will be at CES '05?
Posted by: Scott

Re: Ba-a-a-a-ad lands... - 12/05/04 06:59 PM

Since we try to stick to consumer based shows, we won’t be attending CES. However, we will be back in New York this coming May for HE 2005.

Happy Holidays,

Scott
Posted by: worldwide

Re: Ba-a-a-a-ad lands... - 12/05/04 08:35 PM

This Outlaw has been attending CES for the past 7 years. Although CES is not open to the general public, a lot of the public still attends one way or another. I'm sure they'd like to learn about your great internet-based company.

From a proud 1050/950/770/LFM1 owner.

Re: Ba-a-a-a-ad lands... - 12/06/04 01:02 PM

It would of course be cool for Outlaw to hit as many trade shows as possible, if only to increase the opportunities for those of us geographically unable to attend any shows to see them in the press and possibly get new product announcements. It's also true that some members of the general public find their way to CES, but it is still structured as an industry show. Since Outlaw is a small shop with limited manpower resources, it makes sense for them to focus only on shows that are specifically targeted at the people who buy from them - the general public. I'm afraid that I doubt Outlaw will change their plans regarding CES any time soon.
Posted by: curegeorg

Re: Ba-a-a-a-ad lands... - 12/06/04 08:03 PM

one in or near raleigh, nc would be nice... :-)