Is the Saloon dead?

Posted by: XenonMan

Is the Saloon dead? - 05/16/18 06:01 PM

No posts in the last few days. Is there a problem?
Posted by: Helson

Re: Is the Saloon dead? - 05/17/18 09:36 AM

Originally Posted By XenonMan
No posts in the last few days. Is there a problem?
No news is good news??
My system's been working fine. Must be spring clean up time. wink
Posted by: butchgo

Re: Is the Saloon dead? - 05/17/18 11:15 AM

That's just the way this thread is.
The Emotiva forum is always busy on all kind of topics but not this one.
It only seems to get busy after something new is announced or released.
Posted by: EEman

Re: Is the Saloon dead? - 05/17/18 01:13 PM

I'm in the middle of a theater remodel. Busy with design and construction. And work :P
Posted by: Owl's_Warder

Re: Is the Saloon dead? - 05/23/18 04:27 PM

I've been spending a lot of time prepping for weekly DM duties in our D&D campaign. It's my first time running it but we're all having fun! Plus, now it's spring time so there's yard stuff, too. Oh, and work!
Posted by: EEman

Re: Is the Saloon dead? - 05/24/18 10:29 AM

People still play D&D? Maybe I'll have to dust off my dungeon master's guide. I have the original version that still allows you to play chaotic evil...but I digress smile
Posted by: Owl's_Warder

Re: Is the Saloon dead? - 05/26/18 08:32 PM

5e allows you to play any of the nine alignments. Most players that I've met tend not to play evil alignments and the ones that do usually end up alienating themselves from the party but there's no game mechanics preventing it. smile

We play on a website called Roll20.net because I'm in OR, my cousin is in Tacoma, WA, we have a married couple that play with us in Seattle, another married couple in OK, and the last guy is also in OK. The Roll 20 site gives us a means to all play together on a virtual map with virtual dice rolls and everything. It's not as much fun as sitting around a table and rolling real dice together, but it sure beats not playing at all and it's still a blast.
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: Is the Saloon dead? - 05/28/18 07:56 PM

I am surprised there is not an interactive version online.
Posted by: scoooter

Re: Is the Saloon dead? - 08/08/19 10:49 AM

I have to agree this place is DEAD !

Very slow activity, little to no new info
Posted by: butchgo

Re: Is the Saloon dead? - 08/08/19 11:20 AM

Not much happening with Outlaw any more which is too bad.
I keep waiting for the email that says they are closing their doors.
Posted by: H Stevens

Re: Is the Saloon dead? - 08/08/19 07:20 PM

Originally Posted By butchgo
Not much happening with Outlaw any more which is too bad.
I keep waiting for the email that says they are closing their doors.

There’s no one left to post the email
Posted by: patm1198

Re: Is the Saloon dead? - 08/10/19 03:10 PM

I purchased an RR2160 and i think its great, Outlaw customer support when i needed it was great, however they dont talk much other than this website and getting on saloon took too long to approve and it gets frustrating waiting, When you purchase a product you want to share your experience or offer information to someone who is asking, BUT because it takes too long people give up trying to communicate while waiting for a response from the community that never comes, or very sparse information from Outlaw. I wonder if Outlaw has anyone to monitor this. Recently i was watching a U-Tube video from the owner of PS Audio and he mentioned Outlaw Audio and said, are they even in business anymore, he did say they made good products. I wish they would do more than this web site to let people know.

Re: Is the Saloon dead? - 08/13/19 12:58 PM

So, what is your take on the RR2160?

Re: Is the Saloon dead? - 08/14/19 01:02 PM

RR2160 does a nice job. I have a bare bones system, it's been many years since I was into audio. So I have old Walsh Ohm speakers and an old sony sub. Playing from the rr2160 gives me a great sound. The Walsh by themselves lacked the bass so when I added the sony and used the sub bass on the RR2160 the sound i was looking for was there. Things that could be improved on is internet and streaming. I have the Bluetooth from outlaw to get streaming but I don't want to keep using my phone as the source, since the RR2160 is already connected to internet. I have used the USB for music but it doesn't shuffle so if you have a large amount of music you have to start at the beginning each time. Keep in mind I'm new so I'm still trying things. And I would really like to hear from others and get ideas. Thanks for asking.

One last thing I can't give details like I hear on some YouTube like it's warm or cool sounding because I have no reference what those terms mean.

Re: Is the Saloon dead? - 08/16/19 11:25 AM

The USB seems good for a throwing a quick playlist together and just plug and play.
Posted by: scoooter

Re: Is the Saloon dead? - 08/22/19 12:49 PM

I see my post caused a few responses but it still appears that this place is in limbo. I've seen it happen many times where a company puts out a product notice and fails to deliver on time and then when it does the product has already been superseded by other competitors. I secretly wait and think that Outlaw is now playing their cards close to the vest and will eventually have something new, alas no info is still not a good sign.

Re: Is the Saloon dead? - 09/02/19 06:22 PM

Does anyone know a way to source internet radio stations before having to try each one on the stereo and listen to each one to see if it's good, I have heard that a lot of the stations are just people having music at their houses and putting it on line. also if Outlaw looks, are you thinking about an update including streaming services like spotify, etc...

I tried to compare a streaming service versus CD using the 2 spdif connectors. When switching from CD to stream and back i hear an echo from the one that is not the one im listening to. it's bleeding through.

A thought to consider for the community is to limit the amount of topics to list thoughts and suggestions. Easier for everyone to participate. Again just a thought.

I'm in Florida watching hurricane Dorian and hoping Bahamas get some relief and it doesn't hit the US.

Thanks for looking at my post.