how to activate the Cirrus Extra Sound of the 950

Posted by: apilon

how to activate the Cirrus Extra Sound of the 950 - 08/06/03 09:21 AM

Good day to all,

I have the 950/7100 combo for over a month now and i am very please with it. The system is configured for 5.1 setup. I have been trying to activate the CES mode but no matter what i do this mode does not show up. What do i need to do and or configure to be able to acces the CES mode?

Thank you

Alain Pilon

------------------
Posted by: steves

Re: how to activate the Cirrus Extra Sound of the 950 - 08/06/03 10:22 AM

Add one (or two) rear speakers!
Posted by: Oaf

Re: how to activate the Cirrus Extra Sound of the 950 - 08/06/03 10:41 AM

As alluded to above...you need 6+ speakers otherwise you have a pure DD or DPLII or DTS setup and do not need the processing.

[This message has been edited by Oaf (edited August 06, 2003).]

Re: how to activate the Cirrus Extra Sound of the 950 - 08/06/03 10:50 AM

Thanks for responding to my inquiry. If i do not have a six channel available can i just turn on one rear channel in the configuration even if i do not connect one to the source? It was my understanding that CES could reproduce a sixth channel?

------------------
Posted by: Smart Little Lena

Re: how to activate the Cirrus Extra Sound of the 950 - 08/06/03 01:20 PM

Hi Alain,
No not like a phantom center channel, The processing is for steering the mix to a physcial 6th/7th speaker.

You can (I did early week with the 950 ....blushes) leave a non-existant speaker enabled, I heard diffrences - it will affect the recording, so in a sense it can be a diffrent PM choice, BUT was never intended to be used without the additional speakers.

Re: how to activate the Cirrus Extra Sound of the 950 - 08/11/03 10:36 PM

Thanks for the explanation