Panny CP-72 scared me!

Posted by: DaleB

Panny CP-72 scared me! - 06/13/03 04:53 PM

Scared myself!! I have a Panasonic CP-72 DVD player feeding into the Outlaw 950 pre-pro all set up for 6 channel analog playback.

Yesterday, I had to do some major rewiring to relocate my system. Upon trying it in the new location, I could not get 6 ch. analog to give me anything but a stereo output.

I tried everything it seemed, and then I removed power from the whole system, totally unplugged. I left it that way for a few mintues, plugged it back and now everything is normal.

I think the logic in the player was scrambled. I was able to play other multi-channel sources through the pre-pro which kind of left the DVD player as the culprit. Unless the specific 6 channel ciruitry was not acting normal in the Outlaw.

Seems I had similar problems before on digital equipment and found power removal and reapply as adedquate aid for screwy performance.
Posted by: boblinds

Re: Panny CP-72 scared me! - 06/13/03 05:26 PM

You might have hit that bug in the 950 that requires you to be in a multichannel digital playback mode to get a multichannel analog playback mode
Posted by: minuteman

Re: Panny CP-72 scared me! - 06/14/03 10:50 AM

The CP72 has a history of occasionally getting confused. Unplugging it usually does the trick.
Posted by: DaleB

Re: Panny CP-72 scared me! - 06/14/03 04:35 PM

Yes, they do on occassion. If it was not so much bang for the buck I would trade up. But at the price I paid it is practically disposal if it becomes obsolete or gets permanent Alzheimers.