Remote Question - Experience

Posted by: MeanGene

Remote Question - Experience - 12/29/02 01:09 AM

Has anyone ever experienced this?

I have created a couple of simple macros. M1 starts everything up and M4 shuts everything down. What I have noticed is that they don't always work. I was playing around tonight and found that if the remote is back-lit the macros don't work. If I wait for the back-lighting to turn off and then press the macro key, it works. Is this a feature or a problem?

------------------
MeanGene's Home
Posted by: gonk

Re: Remote Question - Experience - 12/29/02 12:23 PM

I've never come across that, although I do have macros like that for TV watching. I've had trouble before because my TV's sensor is not very sensitive (so the remote needs to be pointing toward to TV when it gets to that part of the macro). I may have to try that...

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review
Posted by: Jedi Mike

Re: Remote Question - Experience - 12/30/02 02:19 PM

Have you tried fresh batteries? The backlight might be drawing too much current to power the IR LED...
Posted by: gonk

Re: Remote Question - Experience - 01/01/03 03:47 PM

Follow-up... I turned on the backlight this morning and used the "TV on" macro (turn on TV, digital cable box, and 950) without difficulty. I'd definitely try Jedi Mike's suggestion of swapping out batteries.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review
Posted by: MeanGene

Re: Remote Question - Experience - 01/01/03 04:39 PM

With the 950 remote. Do you lose anything when you swap batteries?

------------------
MeanGene's Home
Posted by: Philip Hamm

Re: Remote Question - Experience - 01/02/03 09:33 AM

You may be running across the same behavior that gonk commented on in my earlier thread:

http://ubb.outlawaudio.com/ubb/Forum15/HTML/000663.html

------------------
Philip Hamm