What are you doing with your extra interconnect?

Posted by: ScottAvery

What are you doing with your extra interconnect? - 09/23/02 04:40 PM

I bet many of you, like me, have a left over interconnect after hooking up your 950 to a 5 or 7 channel amp. What are you doing with it?

My 6 foot left channel Outlaw PCA may soon become a necktie, or curtain tieback, or projection screen drawstring...
Posted by: Matthew Hill

Re: What are you doing with your extra interconnect? - 09/23/02 07:26 PM

I am waiting until I can afford a stereo sub. Then, that is what it is going to be used for.

OK, how may people get hit with the "flow control" dialog box every other time they post?

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net
Posted by: gonk

Re: What are you doing with your extra interconnect? - 09/23/02 07:33 PM

You just type too fast for your own good, Matthew...

Since I'm running a 6.1 setup, I avoided having a spare interconnect. It could make a good cat toy, I suppose...

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review
Posted by: minuteman

Re: What are you doing with your extra interconnect? - 09/23/02 09:09 PM

I take mine to work, and worry it like Humphry Bogart in "The Caine Mutiny" or slap my leg with it like General MacArthur's whip.
People have started to avoid me.

Re: What are you doing with your extra interconnect? - 09/24/02 12:09 PM

I've actually got two spare interconnects... an extra .5 and an extra 1.8...

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net
Posted by: DMC

Re: What are you doing with your extra interconnect? - 09/24/02 12:11 PM

Sorry, I didn't carefully read Matthew's post above until after I posted. Does anyone(Matthew) have a PCA .5m interconnect they are looking to get rid of/sell?

DmC

[This message has been edited by DMC (edited September 24, 2002).]

Re: What are you doing with your extra interconnect? - 09/25/02 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DMC:
Sorry, I didn't carefully read Matthew's post above until after I posted. Does anyone(Matthew) have a PCA .5m interconnect they are looking to get rid of/sell?]

Is there a Forum for "What to do with that extra interconnect"? I bought 6 to do 5, but would like to get ONLY 1 more for future 7th channel
DmC

Re: What are you doing with your extra interconnect? - 09/27/02 05:22 PM

Yeah, where are you?

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

Re: What are you doing with your extra interconnect? - 09/28/02 05:34 PM

Matthew, I'm down in peach country in Richwood- between Glassboro and Mullica Hill, but will travel. Yeah, Roadtrip!!
Thanks again Matthew. Let me know. daveandjanet@hotmail.com
DmC
Posted by: Bill in Texas

Re: What are you doing with your extra interconnect? - 10/25/02 12:09 PM

It does seem kind of silly to be calling Outlaw and buying 2 PCA cables when all I need is 1. Does anyone have a .5m extra they'd like to sell?
Posted by: didjdude

Re: What are you doing with your extra interconnect? - 10/25/02 02:01 PM

Bill in Texas,

BetterCables.com sells a .5m version of its silver serpent cable for $39.98. I have purchased several of their cables and am very satisfied with both performance and build quality. Check out;

http://www.bettercables.com/5met164ftsin.html
Posted by: kentom

Re: What are you doing with your extra interconnect? - 10/25/02 04:15 PM

I actually have 3 pairs of PCA's I have to sell. If interested please PM me

junk_kt@hotmail.com
Ken
Posted by: Bill in Texas

Re: What are you doing with your extra interconnect? - 10/28/02 09:08 AM

Ken, would you like to sell one pair separately? All I need is one cable, but I wouldn't expect you to split a pair. If not, I'll understand. If anyone else out there is looking to buy a 950/755 or 950/770 setup and need interconnects, Ken has 3 pair of PCAs for $79.00 delivered. What a deal!

Thanks didjdude also for the information. The silver serpent looks like a fine cable and I've heard good things about them, but I'm running with 3 pair of Outlaw PCAs right now and I don't wish to change from this setup with one of seven cables. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Posted by: Xen

Re: What are you doing with your extra interconnect? - 11/21/02 02:21 PM

Another vote for Bettercables! I have not used the Outlaw Interconnects to make a comparison, but I'm quite satisfied with Bettercables and the customer service.