I know patience is a virtue, but.....

Posted by: werner52

I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/17/02 09:22 AM

Come on allready!! Maybe you all might want to scrap this project and start from scratch (I'd probably get that version delivered before the original 950). It's just getting to be ridiculous I know that everyone is going to say, "No one is forcing to buy their product." Well true, but $899.00 + good reviews = No brainer (At least for me ).
Posted by: Peter in Louisiana

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/17/02 09:32 AM

As you say, the price plus the reviews by owners make this a no-brainer. BUT, I fear that there will be a slew of new pre-amps available from others by the time the 950 begins shipping again and it will be becoming "outdated" feature wise at that time. I appreciate that the Outlaws want to ship a quality product and things have not gone their way so far. They could sell everything they could ship if only it was available. I have not heard of anyone receiving a 950 for a long time now.
Pete
Posted by: Matthew Hill

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/17/02 09:55 AM

They need to start shipping it again, even if they don't figure out why a few units are hissy. Just replace those as they come up. This is getting simply rediculous.

If I hadn't been on the waiting (and waiting) list early enoguh to get one before they stopped shipping (the second time) I would have given up long ago and gotten the Rotel.

I can say that there is NOTHING WRONG with my 950. I'm glad I bought it. I think most of the people who have gotten one so far feel the same. Why aren't the Outlaws shipping? Why are they pissing more people off instead of winning more converts like me?

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net
Posted by: bstan

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/17/02 04:33 PM

Quote:
They need to start shipping it again, even if they don't figure out why a few units are hissy.

Sorry, but I won't accept a unit for my reservation until this hiss issue is put to rest and corrected.

Your suggestion to ship anyway is why I wouldn't want you working for Outlaw, that's simply dishonest.
Posted by: Scott

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/17/02 04:50 PM

Hello Outlaws:

We appreciate that you've been patient to date, and as the title of this thread indicates, it IS a virtue.

What you are pointing out is yet one more example of the "damned if you do, damned if you don't" nature of this situation. The problem is that we're in a fluid situation and even though we are 99.9% of the schedule for re-starting production and shipments, if we end up falling into that last 0.1% we'll be zinged for "missing another deadline". In terms of another Newsletter or "Update" we can say that the next public announcement is scheduled for the day we resume shipments or the week of August 5th, whichever comes first. Suffice it to say we hope the date is the former, not the latter.

However, since you asked...

We have done an incredible amount of testing and engineering work over the past few weeks and we feel that we finally have nailed down all the various contributors to the "hiss problem". In fact, I've heard the final, updated 950 myself and it is great. We know that this unit will provide the performance that most 950 owners are already enjoying, and which a few are still waiting for.

As to the question of "if it's only a small sample, why don't they just start shipping and replace the defective units", the answer is one that has to be viewed in the context of our business model. In the "bricks & mortar" world, traditional brands can suffer a larger percentage of defective units before something reaches serious proportion. By comparison, in our case even a small handful of units generating complaints has the tendency to get blown completely out of proportion in relation to the actual number of units shipped.

This is already the case with the 950. Again, most owners are happy, and only a very small percentage of the units are causing problems. However, we cannot allow even that small number of customers to be unhappy. The bad news: It means that our only course of action has been our current path of freezing deliveries. We know that this disappoints customers, it also impacts our revenues. The good news: it means that EVERYONE will benefit from improved performance, even if they can't hear the difference.

The bottom line: At this stage in the Outlaw's business cycle, we have taken the more conservative approach rather than continuing to charge ahead. To do so might have brought short term gain, but at a considerable risk. We remain financially healthy and we're here for the long term. Our ability to stop production while continuing to deliver existing new products and develop a number of new ones is clear evidence of that.

Therefore we ask that you bear with us while we implement these modifications at the factory level. Public "heat", not withstanding we sincerely believe we are doing the right thing.

Best Regards,

Scott

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/17/02 05:22 PM

Wow. That is the closest thing to a direct answer I've ever seen on this form. And even though I disagree with the final conclusion (better to halt shipments for two months than to replace a few hissy units) I certainly understand the reasoning and appreciate the explanation.

Bstan: I personally see no evidence that you would receive a hissy unit if they had kept shipping while resolving the problem. More likely, you would have been perfectly satisfied, like me. My unit is NOT HISSY and I don't plan on sending it in for replacement.

It is certainly not dishonest to ship a product when you know a small percentage of units will be returned. That's simply common business practice; you simply cannot ship something with a 0% return rate; all you can do is hope to get it as low as you can.

Scott's right, though, a small percentage of unsatisfied customers seem to blow product defects out of proportion. He might even be right that a small, vocal group could hurt them even more than the large number of grumpies still on the waiting list.

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net
Posted by: mojoman

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/17/02 05:36 PM

Scott,

Thanks for the candid response. It's much easier waiting when you know a little about why you're waiting. I'm willing to wait for the problem to be fixed. Personally, I don't want to have to send anything back after I've hooked it up.
Posted by: jcmccorm

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/17/02 05:50 PM

Thank you for your post Scott. A few words go a long way for us folks still on the waiting list. I'm glad to hear that you've got a handle on the problem and some solutions in hand. That's encouraging!

Cary
Posted by: Oil Can

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/17/02 06:32 PM

Way to go Scott! In the aircraft business there is an oft used saying, "you only get one chance to get it right". I think it rings very true here too.
Posted by: willscary

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/17/02 06:35 PM

I am getting very impatient. However, the quick response by Scott has helped me tremendously to continue to wait. I have looked at the older model Rotel and a Denon 3802. The response today by the Outlaws has made me decide to wait longer. I wish this was the way they had responded 2 months ago, when so many of us thought of entering anger management courses .

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/17/02 06:55 PM

AllRIGHT!!! Thanks for the info Scott
Posted by: bstan

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/17/02 09:54 PM

Thanks Scott, that's an honest representation of the situation.

Sorry Matthew, just because you're happy with you're 950 doesn't mean those of us waiting want to gamble.

Enjoy your 950, I think Outlaw is doing the right thing.
Posted by: MixFixJ

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/17/02 10:10 PM

Scott,
Thanks for the update. Still enjoying my 1050,looking forward to the long-awaited e-mail!
Maybe I'll get one by my birthday? 8/28.
Mix
Posted by: Kevin C Brown

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/18/02 03:21 AM

Thank you Scott!

I *agree* with the way that Outlaw is handling this. (OK, the communication could have been better, but now seems OK. "Thank you Scott" again! )

And I agree with halting shipment until the fix is found for the hiss problem. A problem is a problem no matter how many people encounter it.

Luckily, I don't have a hole in my rack waiting for the 950; just waiting for when the 950 is *ready*, and then will retire my current unit...
Posted by: DarthVader

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/18/02 03:40 PM

I am also ready to jump ship. I have been expecting to dump my 10 year old Sony surround system ever since I got my DVD player two years ago. I am sooo close to just buying the Sony DA5ES, but now new Sony ES models are due out in the next few weeks.

The race is on, will the 950 ship before I am tempted with the new Sony's??

I am stuck in a condo now for the next 12 months anyway, how much difference will I be able to hear between the two I wonder?

Darth
Posted by: merc

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/18/02 04:12 PM

Hmmm. It sounds to me like everyone is gonna get the updated units? I wonder if they are gonna re-fill our units first, or if they are gonna fill all the other orders and then come back to us later? Has anyone sent their first units back to wait on the upgraded units yet?

------------------
Take Care,
merc

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/19/02 03:49 PM

Quote:
I wonder if they are gonna re-fill our units first, or if they are gonna fill all the other orders and then come back to us later?

Merc - I was under the impression that your unit did not have any of the concerns? If this is true and if so, wouldn't OUTLAW only exchange the units if the user complained of a problem? If my statement is wrong, I apologize.

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/19/02 03:56 PM

I was also under the impression that Outlaw would not be returning the existing units in the field that are not defective. I personally don't plan on packing up my 950 and sending it back. If, however, a brand new 950 arrives on my door unexpectedly... well then I'd have to weigh the pain in the butt factor of yanking it out of the rack against having a unit with that "new car smell" again.

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net
Posted by: Will

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/19/02 04:21 PM

Another thing you'd want to do if you get a new 950 is to record the settings from your old 950 so you can compare the old one against the new one, with the same settings.

And lest I forget, here's one more factor to add to the equation: To some people, new pre/pro's sound different than broken in pre/pro's.
Posted by: steves

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/19/02 06:53 PM

I think I heard our replacement units would be in silver

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/19/02 08:57 PM

Merc:
Yeah, Outlaw is going to replace non-defective units........And monkeys are going to fly out of my butt. Hey, why don't they just give everyone that wants one a free 950? Now there's PR!
C'mon. that makes zero sense.
Mix

[This message has been edited by MixFixJ (edited July 19, 2002).]

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/19/02 09:06 PM

Quote:

If, however, a brand new 950 arrives on my door unexpectedly... well then I'd have to weigh the pain in the butt factor of yanking it out of the rack

If your 950 hisses, why not exchange it for a hiss-fixed 950 when it comes out? Getting a hiss-fixed 950 seems like a no-brainer, even if your existing 950 sounds fine except for the fact it hisses (assuming it hisses).

[This message has been edited by Will (edited July 20, 2002).]

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/19/02 09:24 PM

You guys just sit and watch your doorsteps for 950's to magically appear. I hear that the Easter Bunny's bringing them!
Mix
( I can't believe you all don't feel a little silly about these ridiculous suppositions.)
Posted by: 911millertourguide

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/19/02 10:30 PM

THANKS FOR THE POST SCOTT
Posted by: videojet

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/20/02 12:31 AM

Better get these orders in before the Dow hits 5000!
Posted by: gonk

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/20/02 05:18 PM

I leave town for a week, and look what I miss! Still reading through the posts I've missed, but I'm going to take a sec to toss in a little cry of "hooray!" that they appear to have tracked down the hiss.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/22/02 12:23 AM

Quote:
Merc - I was under the impression that your unit did not have any of the concerns? If this is true and if so, wouldn't OUTLAW only exchange the units if the user complained of a problem? If my statement is wrong, I apologize.
I really don't know anything more than what you guys also read on Scotts post and the newsletter. All I know, is that until I'm dead, I'm always planning on the next upgrade. Regardless of the fact that my hiss is only audible from 4 inches or less, it may not be so on different gear in the next owners HT. With that in mind, a non-upgraded, non-improved non-hiss fixed unit would be of less resale value than an upgraded one. I see this as no different as buying one of the original Rotel 1066s, or one of the newest versioned ones.

Who wouldn't want their 950 to be of the latest upgrades and software versions?

------------------
Take Care,
merc

[This message has been edited by merc (edited July 22, 2002).]

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/22/02 02:21 AM

And I would like a brand new car every time the model years change, but I highly doubt that Acura is going to give me one out of the goodness of their hearts. Every time that you purchase something the clock is ticking on when the 'new and improved ' model is coming out. There is absolutly no reason why the Outlaws should replace non-defective 950's simply because someone 'wants' the latest software upgrades. Get real.
Mix

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/22/02 02:01 PM

Will, my 950 is not hissy. I don't plan on replacing it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Now, if it was hissy, I'd send it back in a heartbeat...

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/22/02 02:24 PM

Quote:
And I would like a brand new car every time the model years change, but I highly doubt that Acura is going to give me one out of the goodness of their hearts.
Doh! Unless of course, your Acura hissed.
Quote:
Every time that you purchase something the clock is ticking on when the 'new and improved ' model is coming out.
Doh!
Quote:
There is absolutly no reason why the Outlaws should replace non-defective 950's simply because someone 'wants' the latest software upgrades. Get real.
MixFix: Wow. Are you always this irritable on Monday?
And, since it is obvious that you didn't read any of my previous posts, my unit hisses. If I am not mistaken, Outlaw is fixing that problem. So, I want a fixed unit. If that irritates you further, sorry.

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/22/02 03:42 PM

As Merc says, although the hiss from his 950 isn't too bad on his system, his 950 might hiss alot more on someone else's system, if he sells his 950 to someone else.

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/22/02 03:51 PM

MERC
Flame suit on.

Quote:
posted April 09, 2002 11:38 AM - In the meantime, I'm just continuing to enjoy my beta unit which has none of these problems...

posted May 09, 2002 12:57 PM - BTW, this past weekend, I listened to a Krell/B&W system and guess what... hiss at the tweeter but not from 2 inches away... just like my 950.

posted June 04, 2002 10:43 AM - The newest 1066 had almost identical hiss, none from >4 inches from speaker fabric, to the 950, as we demonstrated in the local Rotel dealer's showroom.

posted June 05, 2002 10:40 AM - BTW, my 950 is still going strong and operating perfectly. I feel very bad for those folks who are having hiss or other problems. I really wish I could figure out how to solve their problems so that they too could enjoy their 950 as much as I'm enjoying mine.

posted June 23, 2002 12:36 PM - Yesterday, I just had my 950 blow its' third fuse. The one that is blowing is the fuse just inside the unit next to the power cord hookup.

It appears that your problem resides in the 950 blowing fuses? I haven't found a post you've made stating that your 950 has developed a hiss problem (As it may well have or I cannot find that post of yours). I believe in the latest newsletter that OUTLAW sent out that the ear by the tweeter listening for hiss test doesn't hold water in their opinion (Unless your listening position is 4 inches from your speakers ).

[This message has been edited by werner52 (edited July 22, 2002).]

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/22/02 05:56 PM

Yeah baby! Another fan... Werner, I love you too man!

By posting your own quotes of me, you have also documented that my unit has hiss. Thank you. Since it has been noted that Outlaw is fixing this problem, it obviously follows that I'd want my hiss fixed too. Just because it isn't bothersome now, doesn't mean that it might not be louder with my next set of more sensitive speakers. Why wouldn't I want the very best unit I could get? Are you saying you'd accept a lesser unit than the rest of us?

It is hard for me to understand what is so hard for you to understand about wanting to get hiss fixed in a 950? For more info, go back and re-read my previous posts or simply read Will's post above.

------------------
Take Care,
merc
Posted by: minuteman

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/22/02 06:25 PM

Werner,
Right on. That guy has a lot of nerve looking for a new unit after the hundreds of posts touting the 950 to be the next best thing to ice cream. It's down right hypocritical, and a few other things I'm too polite to mention.

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/22/02 07:36 PM

Quote:
Right on. That guy has a lot of nerve looking for a new unit after the hundreds of posts touting the 950 to be the next best thing to ice cream. It's down right hypocritical, and a few other things I'm too polite to mention.
MM:First, the only nerve I have is the one you just pricked with your oh so polite busybody post.

If anybody deserves the very best 950 that anyone can get it is US beta testers. We've had to endure continuous nasty negative, and ignorant bullshit from folks, just like you, over almost the past year just because we voiced our honest warranted opinions on the 950s we tested. I still stand behind every single 950 word I posted as being true and applicable to the unit at the time I posted it. I could live with the slight hiss that my unit has, but I'll be damned if I have to... we deserve the BEST final units, not the worse. You may believe that no good deed should go unpunished, but Outlaw doesn't.

Now, you have the unmitigated nerve to say we don't deserve the true fixed, final 950, because we beta tested the 950 and then posted our experience? HA! Sorry, but it just ain't gonna happen. In fact, I sincerely hope I get the unit otherwise intended for you.

Posted by: Asx

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/22/02 07:47 PM

Quote:
There is absolutly no reason why the Outlaws should replace non-defective 950's simply because someone 'wants' the latest software upgrades.

The hiss problem is widely known and, what's more important, is confirmed by Outlaws. If I were an owner of a non-hissing 950, it would still make me a very uncomfortable owner because every change to the system (speakers, amp) can potentially bring the problem up. I thik Outlaws must replace (at least on demand) every unit that's been sold with potential hiss problem. If you wish to compare the situation to the automotive market, you can call it "recall."

[This message has been edited by Asx (edited July 22, 2002).]
Posted by: EWC

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/22/02 09:15 PM

I have a solution to everyones problem: Go buy the 1066. It does everything it's supposed to do, minus the hiss. I got mine at a local dealer for $1250, not much more than the 950. I had been waiting for the 950 since Jan., couldn't wait any longer.

I suspect the problem with the 950 is a supplier issue, not an engineering issue, the outlaws seem to be pretty sharp people. I would bet something in the production 950 has changed from the beta 950 (chip availabilty)? unknown to the outlaws until it was too late. This is all pure speculation of coarse.

Don't get me wrong, I own a 755 and think it's great with the Rotel. The outlaws have unfortunatly got caught in the middle of this mess. I truly hope this can be resolved in a timely manner.

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/22/02 10:16 PM

Merc
Quote:
In fact, I sincerely hope I get the unit otherwise intended for you.

That has to be a classic.
Merc, I am feeling the love.

Honestly, I have agreed with a lot of your posts and do thank you for your time as a beta tester. If you need to return your unit then by all means do so. And long and behold I'm sure you will receive your replacement prior to any of us on the waiting list.

I still haven't found your statement or statements of your unit possessing hiss as deemed a problem by OUTLAWS:
Quote:
We consider the "ear in the tweeter" method an unrealistic test, and if that is what is causing a problem for you, we are unable to help. If you don't hear the problem under reasonable listening conditions, as is the case for the vast majority of Model 950 owners, you are fine. There is no need to do anything other than enjoy the sound of great movies and music. This is NOT a problem that appears over time; so don't worry about it appearing later if you don't hear it at first.

You stated yourself
Quote:
Regardless of the fact that my hiss is only audible from 4 inches or less, it may not be so on different gear in the next owners HT.

I may be wrong but if I were OUTLAW I'd be worried how it sounds on your gear NOW. Not someone else's who you are planning to sell your 950 too.

Sorry if you felt I razzed ya

[This message has been edited by werner52 (edited July 22, 2002).]

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/22/02 11:25 PM

Hello All!
I didn't really mean to start a s***storm, but I felt that Merc was asking for a new unit to fix a problem, that according to his own posts,he doesn't have. ( yes, I did go back and read previous posts because I don't like to say things in error). As far as the unit causing problems to someone that you sell it to, Scott said that it is not a problem that develops over time. You either have it, or you don't. Unless you are listening through bricks, the difference in speaker sensitivity is a non-issue.
Further, I could say that rather than being lauded with special treatment as a beta tester, we non beta testers might be a little pissed because you didn't find the hiss problem in beta. Everything was just fine! Now it's not? Tough.
And yes, I guess I'm a little irritable on Mondays.
Mix

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/23/02 12:09 AM

Honestly? If I had a 950 now? (Haven't ordered yet; waiting for the hiss problem to get fixed.) Even if I *didn't* have the hiss problem? I would *still* say that I did, just to get the latest and greatest. Because even if mine didn't hiss, in a few years when I turn it over for the next "latest and greatest", it might hiss on the next person's system.

Plus, it is common knowledge that Rotel has been putting out software upgrades fast and furious for the 1066, and I do believe that both the 1066 and 950 share the same Cirrus DSP engine. (Different DACs, ADCs, video portion, but same DSP as far as I know.)

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/23/02 12:15 AM

Kevin - I surmise that owners of current 950's may do this and unless the event of a recall, would be at the discretion of the owner. It's not like OUTLAW has the manpower or money to validate each persons claims of having hiss on their system. They will have to take the word of the current owner.

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/23/02 12:38 AM

And due to no software upgradability, I don't know if we will ever have (As Merc put it) "The true fixed, final 950."

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/23/02 12:47 AM

I hope that Outlaw tells us the reason that some units have big hiss and some only little hiss?

[This message has been edited by merc (edited July 23, 2002).]
Posted by: power

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/23/02 01:54 AM

I would certainly hope that an existing 950 owner would not lie just to get a new replacement 950....

The Outlaws are being very generous indeed in picking up the entire bill. I'm certain some people would take advantage of this kindness even if their 950 were a perfect breed. Maybe the Outlaws should charge 1/2 the shipping costs just to weed out some of these potential individuals?

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/23/02 04:39 AM

Quote:

Scott writes
we feel that we finally have nailed down all the various contributors to the "hiss problem". In fact, I've heard the final, updated 950 myself and it is great. We know that this unit will provide the performance that most 950 owners are already enjoying, and which a few are still waiting for.

Would most of the (original un-updated) 950s have an audible hiss from MANY feet away, if they were connected to very efficient speakers, in a VERY quiet room? Or is the hiss a quality control issue where some 950s hiss a lot and others don't (even in the same environment)?

If the first case were true, most 950s are a POTENTIAL hiss problem. In that case, even if your 950 doesn't hiss now, would it wrong to ask for an updated 950 (that Scott says fixes the "hiss problem") just so the "hiss problem" won't suface if your 950 moves to another home theater with more efficient speakers, in the future?

[This message has been edited by Will (edited July 23, 2002).]

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/23/02 08:56 AM

Does anyone know why some 950s have a big hiss, some have a little hiss, and others have no hiss?

------------------
Take Care,
merc

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/23/02 09:26 AM

Does fixing the hiss increase the S/N ratio? Is Outlaw sending a new fixed unit to S&V so that they can update their published tested specs on the unit? Maybe the unit that S&V received had the hiss issue on their test gear and that contributed to the tested noise specs?

------------------
Take Care,
merc
Posted by: surroundophile

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/23/02 09:56 AM

Merc,
I sent an email to the Outlaws, suggesting the same thing, to send S&V an updated unit for re-evaluation, although they never responded to the email.
Posted by: Smart Little Lena

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/23/02 02:19 PM

Outlaws prior displayed virtues have earned my patience.

I assume they triage resources and emergencies as most business’s during any given time period. I’ve seen Outlaw shelf addressing potential or past Purchaser's questions, generalized comments, suggestions, issues and impatient behavior while Outlaw is in the midst of a ongoing investigation debugging an existing (or bringing a new) product to market.

I have never seen Outlaw ignore a specific customer request to deal with a specific warranty issue in an amazingly prompt fashion. To the best of my knowledge they have always resolved the issue to the purchasers satisfaction.

However long they take to inform, explain resolve or notify about any other aspect connected with their business I can only go by their track record in the past which would be my personal top choice for the #1 weighted priorities when dealing with any company.

I will assume that the ‘Hiss” issue will be handled when concretely resolved by Outlaw in their usual exemplary fashion.
Until that time we are all like the 6 blind men grasping different portions of an elephants anatomy, sometimes too hasty to conclude that we understand the whole of something when we have experienced only a part.
Posted by: Jeremy

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/23/02 07:12 PM

She's blunt but she's got a point!
Posted by: Smart Little Lena

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/23/02 08:01 PM

I take back every word if I came across blunt (as in rude, she says ashamedly). Bottom line was, - I’m chilled out feeling confidant, they will handle whatever the outcome appropriately.

There a certain freedom for me on the Web, I don’t often exhibit in life. This has a net effect of occasionally making me too spontaneous, direct and chatty (in the overboard sense) I forget tone of voice, mannerisms, and a very dry humor are often lost in rigid sentence structures behind this faceless wall.

One of grandmother’s favorite saying’s, “God gave you two eyes to watch and two ears to hear so use them more than your one mouth to speak”. Somehow the ‘two hands to type’ part wasn’t addressed!!

Just ignore that woman over there behind the curtain, Listen to me, I am the great OZ..
Posted by: gonk

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/23/02 10:22 PM

Don't take it back, Lena -- I thought it was a good summary of the experiences I've had with the Outlaws. Well said/typed.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/24/02 02:22 AM

I'd say, it is a good buy with a reserved CC.

[This message has been edited by merc (edited July 24, 2002).]

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/24/02 02:49 AM

I'd put money on the hiss problem being more evident on systems with very efficient speakers, and "dirty" AC...

I would expect that the Outlaws wouldn't tell us exactly what they fixed, but might be neat if they at least mentioned what subsystem was addressed...

The funny part? I just switched from 92 dB efficient mains to 86 dB (been running on balanced power), so might have been a non-issue on my system anyway!

[This message has been edited by Kevin C Brown (edited July 24, 2002).]

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/24/02 03:01 AM

Hmmm. Okay Kevin.
THANKS!

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/24/02 04:20 PM

You're welcome!

(OK, a little redundant I guess...)

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/31/02 05:27 PM

Next week baby
Posted by: willscary

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 07/31/02 06:13 PM

I sure hope so!!!!!!!!!

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 08/04/02 11:05 PM

I wonder if Vegas has odds on a newsletter this week?

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 08/05/02 05:16 PM

Quote:

Better get these orders in before the Dow hits 5000!

I bet if the economy gets worse, more people not less will want to buy an inexpensive pre/pro.

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 08/05/02 05:24 PM

Or no pre/pro, I would guess.

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

Re: I know patience is a virtue, but..... - 08/07/02 10:09 AM

Giddy Up, allready!!!