Posted by: XenonMan

Re: stereo components - 06/18/14 12:18 PM

Why?
Posted by: cogin

Re: stereo components - 06/18/14 12:23 PM

Because they dont have any !

Re: stereo components - 06/18/14 06:25 PM

The RR2150 can be used as a stereo preamp if the internal power isn't enough. Outlaw offers a Monoblock amp, the 2200 which is quite respectable and provides plenty of usable power. Outlaw is a small company and needs to concentrate its resources on what they do best. Each of their processors has the capability to operate in a stereo mode and they have plenty of amplifiers to fill any needs we can want. I don't see a big advantage to creating another line of equipment.

Re: stereo components - 06/18/14 09:32 PM

I have a pair of outlaw 200 watt mono. Blocks , i think there is a large market for high quality 2 channel gear,i am aware recievers ability to be used as a pre amp,that would lead me to think it would be very easy to use just half of the reciever to buid a 2 channel pre amp,its already been designed, i say build a 2 channel preamp to acompany the 200 watt mono blocks and see how they sell ,there is a large market out there .

Re: stereo components - 06/19/14 08:10 AM

I don't believe the market is large enough or you would find the behemoth companies exploiting it. The multichannel processors all have stereo capability so where is the market for two channel only if you have to supply amps too. One of the attractions of the 2150 is the honest power supplied by its amps at a decent price range. If we based a preamp on the 2150 it would still be priced similarly. Now, you would be essentially doubling the price for a combo which will only give 3-4 db higher SPL.

Re: stereo components - 06/19/14 10:18 AM

Wich behemouth company,s. Arent produceing 2 channel grear,looks like even online only emotiva is doing well in HT and. 2 ch gear
Posted by: renov8r

Re: stereo components - 06/19/14 01:03 PM

Pick up a copy of something like Stereophile's "annual" equipment guide. There are dozens of companies selling stuff from relatively affordable "kit" style pre-amps to crazy-land stuff priced like it made from pure "unobtainium".

Any decent modern higher quality "source" like a disc player can be used as a preamp for two-channel, as can DACs or even a "streamer" devices...

If you are talking a HIGH END turntable (or maybe an analogue tape source...) that is such a tiny part of the market (especially for solid state...) that it really would be hard to justify the ramp-up costs AND it moves focus from products that at least SEEM "mainstream" to what is still a "fringe" of the whole range of "listening options" that has shifted strongly toward "personal devices" like headphones and portable DACs...

Re: stereo components - 06/23/14 12:44 PM

A big part of those sales are for us folks that still have vinyl collections and are addicted to music. There are also plenty of companies producing tube gear too but the market is no where near what the multichannel market is. Based on the fact that you can get excellent sound in stereo from a multichannel system I do not see a small company like Outlaw focusing on stereo gear asside from the 2150 offering.